Headset Install Gone Very Badly Wrong

Old September 29th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Headset Install Gone Very Badly Wrong

On Sep 28, 10:34*pm, jim beam wrote:
On 09/28/2009 08:22 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

... since the objective in our case was to increase the
diameter, it's pretty obvious that we were talking about the much more
common method!

you didn't know that you bull****ter.

jim, I suspect you've never designed something that needed to be
knurled. I suspect you've never miked a knurled surface to see the
effect on diameter. I suspect you've never operated a lathe (or other
machine tool) and knurled a surface yourself. I suspect you've never
taught others how to knurl a surface. But I've done all those.

Why not post only on topics with which you have real experience?
Aside from greatly improving the climate of rec.bicycles.* it would
save lots of bandwidth.

- Frank Krygowski
Old September 30th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

RonSonic wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:34:34 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Why not post only on topics with which you have real experience?
Aside from greatly improving the climate of rec.bicycles.* it would
save lots of bandwidth.

Frank, you bring up one of the Rules of the Internets. In any forum,
almost anyone who speaks of their actual experiences and observations
has value. Sometimes only an illustration of what can go wrong, but
still useful.

Frank's comment is hypocritical (at best and as usual) since he /dismisses/
real-world experience with helmets as anecdotal and therefore irrelevant.
Suddenly he values it? Puh-leeze.

I didn't follow the "England drivers always at fault" thread closely, but it
was fun watching all those gits wiping the floor with him (and Phil and
Chalo and...)...

BS

Old September 30th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

On 09/29/2009 12:34 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Sep 28, 10:34�pm, jim wrote:
On 09/28/2009 08:22 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

... since the objective in our case was to increase the
diameter, it's pretty obvious that we were talking about the much more
common method!

you didn't know that you bull****ter.

jim, I suspect you've never designed something that needed to be
knurled. I suspect you've never miked a knurled surface to see the
effect on diameter. I suspect you've never operated a lathe (or other
machine tool) and knurled a surface yourself. I suspect you've never
taught others how to knurl a surface.

suggestio falsi.

But I've done all those.

correction: you've bull****ted about all those. since you obviously
didn't know what the knurling options were.

Why not post only on topics with which you have real experience?
Aside from greatly improving the climate of rec.bicycles.* it would
save lots of bandwidth.

why not resign krygowski? that way you wouldn't be ****ing up kids
careers and you wouldn't be evidencing yourself as such a moral retard.
Old September 30th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

wrote:

On Sep 28, 10:34�pm, jim wrote:
[...]

except bull****ting krygowski who obviously hasn't.

Sometimes only an illustration of what can go wrong, but still useful.

Old September 30th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

wrote:
Why not post only on topics with which you have real experience?
Aside from greatly improving the climate of rec.bicycles.* it would
save lots of bandwidth.

Frank, you bring up one of the Rules of the Internets. In any forum,
almost anyone who speaks of their actual experiences and observations
has value. Sometimes only an illustration of what can go wrong, but
still useful.

Frank's comment is hypocritical (at best and as usual) since he /dismisses/
real-world experience with helmets as anecdotal and therefore irrelevant.

http://members.shaw.ca/jtubman/deadhelmet.html

Anecdotes can be matched by other anecdotes. How to determine which
version is more correct?

The answer is, large population data. That's something poor Sorni
will never understand.

Now back to the subject at hand: Mr. Sornson, do you know _anything_
about knurling?

- Frank Krygowski
Old September 30th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

wrote:
[...]

because evidently you don't? you're a fraud and moral retard krygowski.
resign.
Old September 30th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

On Sep 28, 10:34 pm, jim *wrote:
[...]

Jim, you do realize that in this specific instance, you're blasting FK
when he's absolutely correct knurling?

nate
Old October 2nd 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

On Sep 30, 9:39*am, * Still Just Me *
wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 06:00:50 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

why not resign krygowski? *that way you wouldn't be ****ing up kids
careers and you wouldn't be evidencing yourself as such a moral retard..

Jim, you do realize that in this specific instance, you're blasting FK
when he's absolutely correct knurling?

nate

Please nate, get a grip. NO ONE is ever right but the great jIM bEAM.

(But he's not a narcissist, just ask him).

Now what possible process could I use to create a nice, slip-proof
grip...

nate