Out of the mouths of babes

Old May 1st 05, 03:53 PM
wafflycat

Default Out of the mouths of babes

Cycling through Swaffham this afternoon, twunt in black BMW/Land Cruiser
type 4x4 with dark tinted glass windows reversed out of a side entrance on
to main road which happened to be just where I was cycling. Large volume of
sound from yours truly and mucho repositioning of bike just avoided me being
reversed over by said twunt. Said twunt looked absolutely clueless as he
reversed by me with my nose a couple of millimetres from his side window.
Three local yoof on skateboards saw the whole thing. Quote from one of them,
"Are you alright Missus? They do that to us all the time. Them's ******s wot
drives them."

Out of the mouths of babes ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old May 1st 05, 05:16 PM
Jan

wafflycat wrote:
Cycling through Swaffham this afternoon, twunt in black BMW/Land
Cruiser type 4x4 with dark tinted glass windows reversed out of a
side entrance on to main road which happened to be just where I was
cycling. Large volume of sound from yours truly and mucho
repositioning of bike just avoided me being reversed over by said
twunt. Said twunt looked absolutely clueless as he reversed by me
with my nose a couple of millimetres from his side window. Three
local yoof on skateboards saw the whole thing. Quote from one of
them, "Are you alright Missus? They do that to us all the time.
Them's ******s wot drives them."

Out of the mouths of babes ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Wonderful word -- Twunt !!! Must remember that one :-)

Jan

Old May 1st 05, 05:42 PM
wafflycat

"Jan" wrote in message

Wonderful word -- Twunt !!! Must remember that one :-)

Jan

Very descriptive, isn't it.

Cheers, helen s

Old May 1st 05, 06:38 PM
Zog The Undeniable

wafflycat wrote:

Them's ******s wot drives them

The same can be said about the two motorcyclists who thought it was fun
to pass me on a B-road at about 120mph yesterday.
Old May 1st 05, 07:06 PM
Dan Gregory

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
wafflycat wrote:

Them's ******s wot drives them

The same can be said about the two motorcyclists who thought it was fun
to pass me on a B-road at about 120mph yesterday.

How fast must they have been going then? ;-))
All the best
Dan Gregory
Old May 1st 05, 07:11 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Dan Gregory wrote:

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

The same can be said about the two motorcyclists who thought it was
fun to pass me on a B-road at about 120mph yesterday.

How fast must they have been going then? ;-))

Sadly, after 60 miles I was in full "limp home" mode, i.e. 15mph on the
flat and coasting downhill. Still, I averaged 16.5mph for 62 miles over
some strength-sapping terrain, so it can't have been that bad. Also, is
it just me, or are the roads in West Berkshire the worst-surfaced in
Britain? Maybe 20mm tyres and a "carbon razor" SLR saddle weren't the
best combination.
Old May 1st 05, 10:50 PM
Simon Brooke

in message 42751ade.0@entanet, Zog The Undeniable
') wrote:

Dan Gregory wrote:

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

The same can be said about the two motorcyclists who thought it was
fun to pass me on a B-road at about 120mph yesterday.

How fast must they have been going then? ;-))

Sadly, after 60 miles I was in full "limp home" mode, i.e. 15mph on
the
flat and coasting downhill. Still, I averaged 16.5mph for 62 miles
over
some strength-sapping terrain, so it can't have been that bad. Also,
is it just me, or are the roads in West Berkshire the worst-surfaced
in
Britain? Maybe 20mm tyres and a "carbon razor" SLR saddle weren't the
best combination.

(i) The roads of West Berkshire are not the worst-surfaced in Britain.

(ii) I did 105 miles today, across the Southern Uplands twice in driving
rain, on 20mm tyres and an SLR saddle; I'm tired but otherwise fine.
Jon Senior did the same on 20mm tyres (I can't remember what saddle he
was using). Mind you I didn't average 16.5 mph so respect for that!

;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.