Pos. Drug Test

Old September 30th 03, 04:03 PM
Scott Hendricks

Default Pos. Drug Test

I, for one, am shocked! I just read on cyclingnews.com where a female
mountainbiker failed a drug test at a recent NORBA event. Positive
for THC.

Did anyone know that (some)mountainbikers smoke pot?
Old September 30th 03, 04:19 PM
Donald Munro

Scott Hendricks wrote:

I, for one, am shocked! I just read on cyclingnews.com where a female
mountainbiker failed a drug test at a recent NORBA event. Positive
for THC.

Did anyone know that (some)mountainbikers smoke pot?

I find it hard to believe that being stoned during a MTB downhill event
could be considered performance enhancing.

Old September 30th 03, 05:16 PM
erik saunders

i wonder if thc could in some way actually be performance enhancing... some
researcher somewhere has to have done something on this...

amphetamines can improve concentration... race car drivers take them...
mountain bikers should also take them to improve their handling skills.. it
seems that under the new WADA rules they can get started in that direction with
pseudoephedrine!...

maybe THC puts them at ease , clears their mind, gives them one-ness with the
forest, trees, rocks, and dirt so that they can navigate the courses by feeling
the "cosmic vibes"... a guy i know swears this is the key to fast road
descents...

but then again, CHRIS DAGGS always seems like he is high every time he opens
his mouth and he sucks... BTW daggs i am thinking of moving to SD- we can start
a ride from hillcrest...
Old September 30th 03, 06:08 PM
swj

or maybe she just smoked a 'J' w/ some friends as opposed to the
performance-enhancing effects of THC. i've never smoked but i've never seen
any evidence that would make it performance-enhancing, more along the lines
of reducing/relaxation. one thing about downhill, the munchies don't catch
up with you, in fact they may actually help (force=mass x acceleration).

shawn

Old September 30th 03, 07:38 PM
Bob Schwartz

Donald Munro wrote:
I find it hard to believe that being stoned during a MTB downhill event
could be considered performance enhancing.

You sleep better the night before a competition. That's it, I'm sure.

Bob Schwartz

Old September 30th 03, 10:24 PM
Runkle

"Scott Hendricks" wrote in message
om...
I, for one, am shocked! I just read on cyclingnews.com where a female
mountainbiker failed a drug test at a recent NORBA event. Positive
for THC.

Did anyone know that (some)mountainbikers smoke pot?

Only chick MTB riders smoke pot...

Old October 2nd 03, 04:58 PM
Sam

The half-life of THC is pretty long. It could show up a week or more after
smoking it (depending on a number of factors).

Old October 3rd 03, 12:12 AM
RK

"Sam" wrote in message link.net...
The half-life of THC is pretty long. It could show up a week or more after
smoking it (depending on a number of factors).

It can be detected as long as a year after use. Fat-soluble.

Lance Armstrong's the power of Drug Red Cloud General 43 July 29th 04 08:33 AM
test toby Racing 0 September 18th 03 12:37 AM
Another TDF Positive Test for 2003 never_doped Racing 0 August 5th 03 10:53 PM
DRUG testing ???? Drew Cutter Racing 0 July 26th 03 10:37 PM