TOURING NEWS: HOOD RIVAH

Old April 5th 14, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default TOURING NEWS: HOOD RIVAH

Comin' Kolfax dis eeees Roooolllooooooo.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/tr...pgtype=article

Old April 6th 14, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 3:00:36 PM UTC-7, x wrote:
Comin' Kolfax dis eeees Roooolllooooooo.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/tr...pgtype=article

Temira's forecasts are always right -- or off by maybe two hours. I send her money to keep the reports coming.

What I don't get is why, in the spring, anyone would go to Timberline from Hood River when Meadows is forty minutes closer and better skiing. Timberline Lodge is neat, http://www.winetrailadventures.com/b...line-lodge.jpg -- but the skiing is dull, and thus the nick name Timberflats or Flatline.

Now, during the summer, that's a different story. You ride your bike up to Timberline from Hood River (killer long climb), spend the night at Timberline Lodge and then ski on Palmer the next day (assuming your wife and son have met you with your skis). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vW-LB9Gsns

My son was up there every summer at ski camp. I would ride up from the Portland side, which is a lot easier, IMO, but still a long climb. The last 5-6 miles up Timberline Road is stunning, at least for Oregon. It isn't the Alps or even the North Cascades, but it's local and fun.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old April 6th 14, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

stunning from Moses Lake !
Old April 6th 14, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:45:15 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
stunning from Moses Lake !

I fell ill after reading the 36 Hrs....gnawzeous.
Old April 7th 14, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:31:58 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
On Saturday, April 5, 2014 11:45:15 PM UTC-4, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:

stunning from Moses Lake !

I fell ill after reading the 36 Hrs....gnawzeous.

bbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarfRECHKUK
Old April 7th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

yeah when drove over the horizon from Idahoe.....Mt Hood eyeehahahhah domed in snow. I pulled over to check the map n boggled.

Hood River's OK but the NYT has a specific perspective. My body said nomoah CHOH during summer training. 20 years later, I have a neg reaction thinking abt CHOH.

NYT could try 36 HRS IN THE DALLES....

TOURING NEWS kolldata Techniques 0 January 28th 12 12:59 AM
A Hood From Carla's Old 'Hood JD Mountain Biking 3 April 8th 07 06:48 PM
Hood position Brendo Australia 23 October 18th 06 12:01 AM
RR Mt Hood area gabrielle Mountain Biking 5 June 4th 05 01:02 AM