Belt Drives

Old August 8th 05, 06:51 PM
Naqerj

Default Belt Drives

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Tony Raven
') wrote:

No efficiency either. Plus tend to slip under power unless you use a
heavy belt under high tension.

Or teeth.

Toothed belts can still slip - as anyone whose tried to ride a Strida up
a hill will be able to testify.

I suspect efficiency may be part of it,

It is as anyone whose ridden a Strida...

but probably the main reason
belt-drive kits are not available for conventional bikes is because of
the seat-stay.

That's true too.

--
Andrew
Old August 8th 05, 09:30 PM
ian henden

"Peter B" wrote in message

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Also the case that you can aovid a lot of ther mess and maintenance
of a chain drive, at least with hub of single speed gears, by just
enclosing it, which does add a little weight but doesn't compromise
the efficiency (and by reducing the amount of chain wear from road
clag may actually improve matters over the longer term).

As an aside SWMBOS Nissan has chain drive camshafts, service instructions?

As do certain Vauxhall Vectra deisels. )

None. No service required.
Having suffered a cam belt failure that sounds good to me!
(yes, I do appreciate chains *can* break).

--
Pete

Old August 13th 05, 08:41 AM
Jon Senior

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Less efficient, and belt life. I have heard the noise a Strida makes
as the belt disintegrates :-)

The noise the Strida makes... or the rider?

Jon

Messenger bags vs belt packs? [email protected] Techniques 33 May 9th 05 01:50 AM
SS Belt Drive? supabonbon Mountain Biking 23 November 18th 04 09:53 PM
SS Belt Drive? supabonbon Techniques 39 November 18th 04 09:53 PM
FS: NOS Campagnolo Belt Buckles Ground Zero Marketplace 0 October 8th 04 06:35 PM
FS: NOS Campagnolo Belt Buckles Ground Zero Marketplace 0 September 20th 04 05:26 PM