Kona 24 race report

Old November 30th 04, 02:50 AM
eddiec

Default Kona 24 race report

hippy Wrote:

They look worse than they are, but I didn't have to deal
with any traffic when going over them. I think one person
had trouble early on?

Me!!!!

Actually, I saw a few people tumble off the entry one on the first lap
probably due to the nerves, the big pile-up waiting to head over it, an
the piles of spectators... And then one dude came off the exit on
quite badly at the end of the first lap - ugly... The funniest one
were the guys who'd brave the up ramp, get to the top and then get al
nervous and stop and end up stranded there!

Speaking to one of the guys at Spoke(n) today and even he reckoned the
were a bit over the top..

--
eddiec

Old November 30th 04, 03:10 AM
hippy

"eddiec"
hippy Wrote:
They look worse than they are, but I didn't have to deal
with any traffic when going over them. I think one person
had trouble early on?

Me!!!!

Actually, I saw a few people tumble off the entry one on the first lap,
probably due to the nerves, the big pile-up waiting to head over it, and
the piles of spectators... And then one dude came off the exit one
quite badly at the end of the first lap - ugly... The funniest ones

I think it was the exit ramp.. so you can be pretty sure I
haven't seen you stack ;-)

were the guys who'd brave the up ramp, get to the top and then get all
nervous and stop and end up stranded there!

I scare myself before doing them, but once I'd done one, all I was
worried about was having someone stall in front of me or having
traffic to deal with which could slow me down so I don't carry
enough momentum and topple over.. it didn't happen though.

Speaking to one of the guys at Spoke(n) today and even he reckoned they
were a bit over the top...

Ya reckon? Maybe with traffic it was an issue but you could
always lift your bike over the fence if you don't wanna ride
the ramp. It was possible to walk the bike over too - I saw
people use both techniques :-)

hippy