Some GOOD news about a cycle path for a change!

Old October 15th 05, 05:34 PM
John Burns

Default Some GOOD news about a cycle path for a change!

With all the recent idiotic changes to our local cycle paths I'm happy
to be able to report on a positive development.

The off road section of the national cycle network from Boat of Garten
to Aviemore has been resurfaced. It used to be a very annoying gravel
and rock path. Very tiring to cycle on and I'm sure it claimed the
grazed knee of many a traveller.

To my great surprise this afternoon I discovered that it's now
compressed earth and grit. Very easy to cycle on and it has good
drainage. This has transformed it from a section I always dreaded to a
complete joy amongst wonderful scenery.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old October 15th 05, 08:54 PM
Duncan Gray

"John Burns" wrote in message
With all the recent idiotic changes to our local cycle paths I'm happy
to be able to report on a positive development.

The off road section of the national cycle network from Boat of Garten
to Aviemore has been resurfaced. It used to be a very annoying gravel
and rock path. Very tiring to cycle on and I'm sure it claimed the
grazed knee of many a traveller.

To my great surprise this afternoon I discovered that it's now
compressed earth and grit. Very easy to cycle on and it has good
drainage. This has transformed it from a section I always dreaded to a
complete joy amongst wonderful scenery.

Upside
With that wonderful view across to the Northern Corries of the Cairngorms?
Brilliant. Almost shook my last bike to bits on that section.

Downside
Will encourage more people into the dump that is Aviemore.
I liked the run from Boat of Garten (Bog?) to Rothiemurchus.

--
Duncan Gray

The Mountaineering Council of Scotland
www.mountaineering-scotland.org.uk

Old October 15th 05, 10:37 PM
Steven Rodriguez

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:34:11 +0100, John Burns
wrote:

With all the recent idiotic changes to our local cycle paths I'm happy
to be able to report on a positive development.

The off road section of the national cycle network from Boat of Garten
to Aviemore has been resurfaced. It used to be a very annoying gravel
and rock path. Very tiring to cycle on and I'm sure it claimed the
grazed knee of many a traveller.

To my great surprise this afternoon I discovered that it's now
compressed earth and grit. Very easy to cycle on and it has good
drainage. This has transformed it from a section I always dreaded to a
complete joy amongst wonderful scenery.

I once bummed my boyfriend in a field just beside that cycle path!
Old October 15th 05, 10:49 PM
Chris Eilbeck

wrote:

With all the recent idiotic changes to our local cycle paths I'm happy
to be able to report on a positive development.

The off road section of the national cycle network from Boat of Garten
to Aviemore has been resurfaced. It used to be a very annoying gravel
and rock path. Very tiring to cycle on and I'm sure it claimed the
grazed knee of many a traveller.

To my great surprise this afternoon I discovered that it's now
compressed earth and grit. Very easy to cycle on and it has good
drainage. This has transformed it from a section I always dreaded to a
complete joy amongst wonderful scenery.

I once bummed my boyfriend in a field just beside that cycle path!

Did you wear your helmet?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk/
Old October 16th 05, 02:46 PM
Mark Thompson

With all the recent idiotic changes to our local cycle paths I'm happy
to be able to report on a positive development.

Quick, write (don't email) and say how happy you are. Positive
reinforcement works better, particularly as all they ever get is complaints
and whinges.
Old October 16th 05, 02:53 PM
vernon

Did you wear your helmet?

No but his boyfriend did ;-)

Old October 18th 05, 02:03 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

wrote:

To my great surprise this afternoon I discovered that it's now
compressed earth and grit. Very easy to cycle on and it has good
drainage. This has transformed it from a section I always dreaded to a
complete joy amongst wonderful scenery.

I once bummed my boyfriend in a field just beside that cycle path!

Did you wear your helmet?

No, he just chafed it a bit.

--
Ambrose