Crap Cycle Lanes hit the News

Old February 26th 08, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Default Crap Cycle Lanes hit the News

Crap Cycle Lanes
BBC North West Tonight (regional news) Tuesday 26th 6:30pm on BBC 1*

* unless News happens and they've no need for filler
Old February 26th 08, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Frustrated cyclists from Warrington have published a book of poorly-planned
cycle lanes in a bid to highlight their problems.

Video he www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/latest_stories/index.shtml

To promote greater awareness of bad cycle facilities the Greater Manchester
Cycle Campaign are issuing copies of the book to various peeps in the
council. The BBC picked up on the GMCCs press release and this is the
result. Pretty good job, though they used one photo that wasn't a bad
facility.
Old February 26th 08, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Some very familar, but I can't quite place the name writtificated:

Video he
www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/latest_stories/index.shtml

This might work when they've changed that page (doesn't look like they keep
the stories up for long):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7260000/newsid_7265900?redirect=7265914.stm&bbwm=1&bbram=1 &nbwm=1&nbram=1&news=1
Old February 26th 08, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

Mark T wrote:
Some very familar, but I can't quite place the name writtificated:

Video he
www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/latest_stories/index.shtml

This might work when they've changed that page (doesn't look like they keep
the stories up for long):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7260000/newsid_7265900?redirect=7265914.stm&bbwm=1&bbram=1 &nbwm=1&nbram=1&news=1

'Tis there on the first link, either watch the whole program or select
the segment titled "Life in the cycle lane".

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service,
which failed to start because of the following error: The
operation completed successfully." (Windows NT Server v3.51)
Old February 26th 08, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...sid_7260000/ne
wsid_7265900?redirect=7265914.stm&bbwm=1&bbram=1&n bwm=1&nbram=1&news=1

'Tis there on the first link, either watch the whole program or select
the segment titled "Life in the cycle lane".

Sorry, I didn't explain it well. Go there tomorrow evening and the first
link won't be there, or rather it will, but the stories will all be
different. Hopefully the second link I posted will still work.
Old February 27th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MJ Ray

Mark T pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid
This might work when they've changed that page (doesn't look like they keep
the stories up for long):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7260000/newsid_7265900?redirect=7265914.stm&bbwm=1&bbram=1 &nbwm=1&nbram=1&news=1

Thanks! The other page link told me I needed to upgrade to a compatible
browser, but the one above works. I'll try to play it at/before North
Somerset Cycle Forum (6.30pm, The Campus, Locking Castle) tonight.