Campy 8sp hubs still available?

Old May 26th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Campy 8sp hubs still available?

As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

Old May 26th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

A.Lee wrote:
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

Not made anylonger but a suggestion...use a modern 9/10s hub, get loose
9s cogset, like Veloce, use the black spacers now in your 8s
cogset.....make a 8s cogset and go ride.

Old May 26th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"A.Lee" wrote in message
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

They're available NOS on ebay with regularity.

This appears to be an 8sp, by the dark steel FH body:
http://tinyurl.com/rorkk

I've seen lots of them come and go, so if you don't see one today, wait a
couple of days and check again.

Good luck!

Old May 27th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"A.Lee" wrote in message
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
Shimano cassette.

This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
find.

Old May 27th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Dave Mayer wrote:
"A.Lee" wrote in message
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
Shimano cassette.

This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
find.

Not hard to find and a Campag Record 8s cogset is about the same price
as hard to find Ultegra 8s cogsets....call some bike shops to see if
they have 6400 cogsets.

Old May 27th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article om,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

Dave Mayer wrote:
"A.Lee" wrote in message
As subject, are Campag still producing 8 speed rear hubs, or have I got
to search everywhere for old stock?
Thanks
Alan.

Use a Shimano 8/9 speed rear hub and a Shimano 8-speed cassette. For the
best shifting, replace most of the spacers with those from a junked 7-speed
Shimano cassette.

This way, you do not have to get locked into Campy's hideously priced and
hard to find cassettes. And, individual Shimano loose cogs are easier to
find.

Not hard to find and a Campag Record 8s cogset is about the same price
as hard to find Ultegra 8s cogsets....call some bike shops to see if
they have 6400 cogsets.

How much are Mirage 8s cassettes?