Bikepaths through schools: anyone?

Old September 8th 05, 01:49 PM
Peter McCallum

Default Bikepaths through schools: anyone?

Hi
I've been asked whether there is a school anywhere in Australia (other
than Mackay) that has a bicycle path running through it. If you know of
one please let me know. I'd also be interested in overseas examples.

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old September 8th 05, 09:26 PM
flyingdutch

Peter McCallum Wrote:
Hi
I've been asked whether there is a school anywhere in Australia (other
than Mackay) that has a bicycle path running through it. If you know
of
one please let me know. I'd also be interested in overseas examples.

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

oooh. oooh ooh. I know this one!

(googles knows the first one...)
" 'Freeway-Stanley Terrace.'
Up Sherwood road, down past the bus depot at Toowong to the cemetery
and freeway. It follows the bike track along the freeway for about 2.5
Km then left into the bush and out on to Stanley terrace. This road
is quire and runs beside bush and into suburban houses. At miskin
Street it turns into a park and passes through the park and a near by
school ground. It then returns to the High Street and the RE Pub."

Seem to be quite a few going thru Uni grounds, or even networks within
Uni Grounds alone.

I think people's have been campaigning for the Lilydale-Warburton trail
to be comlleted thru the grounds of Lildale college for a bit now

--
flyingdutch

Old September 9th 05, 12:11 AM
Bean Long

Come to Canberra. Just about every school has no strict boundary and there
is almost always a path going past. Nearly every suburb has a school like
this.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

Old September 9th 05, 01:24 AM
Peter McCallum

flyingdutch wrote:
oooh. oooh ooh. I know this one!

(googles knows the first one...)
" 'Freeway-Stanley Terrace.'
Up Sherwood road, down past the bus depot at Toowong to the cemetery
and freeway. It follows the bike track along the freeway for about 2.5
Km then left into the bush and out on to Stanley terrace. This road
is quire and runs beside bush and into suburban houses. At miskin
Street it turns into a park and passes through the park and a near by
school ground. It then returns to the High Street and the RE Pub."

Seem to be quite a few going thru Uni grounds, or even networks within
Uni Grounds alone.

I think people's have been campaigning for the Lilydale-Warburton trail
to be comlleted thru the grounds of Lildale college for a bit now

you are the font of all wisdom. google, hey? never though of that. d'oh!

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old September 9th 05, 01:33 AM
adam85

Bean Long Wrote:
Come to Canberra. Just about every school has no strict boundary and
there
is almost always a path going past. Nearly every suburb has a school
like
this.

--
Bean

Mr Bean, everytime I see your name I start singing Led Zeppelin...

"Bean Long time since I rock'n' rolled...woo ooo...ou ou ouou"

Adam

--
adam85

Old September 9th 05, 01:35 AM
Peter McCallum

flyingdutch wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:
Hi
I've been asked whether there is a school anywhere in Australia (other
than Mackay) that has a bicycle path running through it. If you know
of
one please let me know. I'd also be interested in overseas examples.

Peter

--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

oooh. oooh ooh. I know this one!

You don't REALLY know do you? ;-) http://tinyurl.com/brvej

From the map it looks like the bikeway runs parallel to the St Ignoramus
boundary rather than through it.

(googles knows the first one...)
" 'Freeway-Stanley Terrace.'
Up Sherwood road, down past the bus depot at Toowong to the cemetery
and freeway. It follows the bike track along the freeway for about 2.5
Km then left into the bush and out on to Stanley terrace. This road
is quire and runs beside bush and into suburban houses. At miskin
Street it turns into a park and passes through the park and a near by
school ground. It then returns to the High Street and the RE Pub."

Seem to be quite a few going thru Uni grounds, or even networks within
Uni Grounds alone.

I think people's have been campaigning for the Lilydale-Warburton trail
to be comlleted thru the grounds of Lildale college for a bit now

you don't really know do you?
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old September 9th 05, 01:56 AM
flyingdutch

Peter McCallum Wrote:

you don't really know do you?
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

errrrr.... "look over there!!!" runs away no...

--
flyingdutch

Old September 9th 05, 03:11 AM
Peter McCallum

flyingdutch wrote:

Peter McCallum Wrote:

you don't really know do you?
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

errrrr.... "look over there!!!" runs away no...

Damn, got me again.
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old September 9th 05, 03:20 AM
PiledHigher

flyingdutch Wrote:
errrrr.... "look over there!!!" runs away no...

The trail in question has caused lots of grief by being clsoe to the
school and attracting unwanted elements, aparently bike paths somehow
make access easier than roads!!

--
PiledHigher

Old September 9th 05, 03:54 AM
SteveA

flyingdutch Wrote:

At miskin Street it turns into a park and passes through the park and
a near by school ground. It then returns to the High Street and the RE
Pub."

A bike path that ends at the pub - what a good idea. The RE or Royal
Exchange used to be the pub where the UQ humanities/arts students
drank. Engineers, med and science students drank at the Regatta.
Until the licensed student club opened on campus. A long long time
ago.

(oooh, I've come over all nostalgic like - I was one of the foundation
members that was needed to make the licensing application for the
student club. Now I have a tear in my eye - I can remember pots of
beer for 38c in the student club. And when the price of a pot hit 40c,
fellow students swearing they were going to give up drinking.)

SteveA

--
SteveA