EE wide Shoes available?

Old May 25th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default EE wide Shoes available?

In article .com,
says...
Length is fine on a 44. It's the squeeze on the ball width that is a
concern.

I wear a E or EE and have found Specialized shoes the most comfortable.
I'm currently using a pair that fits perfectly.

Rick
Old May 25th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

BIG FEET PEDALS
i have an answer for the big foot problem.
and the answer is comprehensive-it clears the sinuses and deviates
from accepted practice.

plywood! cut four u shapes 1' wider two inches longer than the bear
traps
marked two sides for inside bolts and clamped together then drilled.
painted red to not look stupid, the pedal covers are large.
bolted and drilled one more hole just outside the traps outboard edge.

outasight.

the course is ten miles upwind then repeat down. The upwind is 15 to
20 percent faster with less effort. the downwind is about the same:
whatta drag.

the kicker. my hip hurts from a slight dislocation. the trip, a
necessary commute was thought to cripple but noooooooooo! the hip
feels better!!
the hip is better! wider stance: i'm 6'4" over into the 99 percentile
for ergonomis if the pedal people work ergonomics into the product's
width relationship to the cyclist's physiogamy.

and my feet are aahhhh! happy feet.

the plan was to fashion metal extenders for the traps.the ply
temporary. but the ply absorbs and cushions.
this is sooo goood! i recommend playing with the installation just to
experiment and get a feel for always hillclimbing with exquisite
comfort. itsa production job 'cept for the paint: only takes an hour.

idea 1.5: touring chain cleaning. when the lube evaps in the heat on
day two, a wipe and relube gets added slip from running the overnmite
dried lube slightly crosschained then or in the morning. the rollers
and plates are canted and the dirt gets thrown out. left and right.

ALSO check walmortfootdept for toe seperators - saves the big toe
cuticle from rupture

Old May 26th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I'm going to second the recomendation for Lke shoes.
I have CX220s and MX101s in wide widths and they fit my size 10 EES
better than any other shoes I've tried, Sidi included.

Old May 28th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

If your like me: 11 - 4E feet and had to use power grips with knee savers,
and MTB Platform pedals will work ok

"Sammy Shuford" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can and are just getting into a size 44 road shoe. Does anyone make
(and sell!) a 43 EE or 44 EE road shoe?