Park Tool Hex wrenches

Old January 1st 04, 06:25 PM
Derk

Default Park Tool Hex wrenches

Hi!

I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?

Greets, Derk
Old January 1st 04, 08:51 PM
Paul Kopit

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:25:47 +0100, Derk
wrote:

Hi!

I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?

Yes they can be bought individually. Usually, you can grind the hex
key down and have 6, new, sharp sides.
Old January 1st 04, 09:34 PM
Dan Daniel

wrote:

Hi!

I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?

Greets, Derk

Yep. Go to a decent hardware store and they should have a plastic box
with individual hex keys, including metric ones. Any ACE hardware
store I have tried has had them. Cheap- I just bought a 2mm and I
think that it was forty cents. Not the highest quality, but for
occasional adjustments of brake centering, they work just fine.

Old January 1st 04, 09:47 PM
Dan Daniel

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:34:15 -0800, Dan Daniel
wrote:

Oh, wait, did you mean does *Park* sell individual ones from their
sets? I don't know.

http://www.parktool.com/index.shtml
Old January 1st 04, 09:50 PM
Ted Bennett

Hi!

I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?

Greets, Derk

I see that you are posting from the Netherlands, but you must have tool
suppliers there who often sell single wrenches. Around here they can
also be found in better hardware stores, and it might be productive to
ask at an LBS.

Now if we are talking tools in titanium, you can get individual,
beautiful wrenches. But if you are looking for a single because you
don't want to spend the money on a set, Ti isn't your answer.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR
Old January 2nd 04, 12:35 AM
Werehatrack

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:25:47 +0100, Derk may
have said:

Hi!

I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?

If you're not picky about the brand, there are lots of choices online,
but shipping will probably be 10 times the price of the tool (or more,
since one place had a non-branded 2mm hex key for US$0.15). Park, as
far as I can tell, does not package the individual sizes of L-shaped
hex wrench. If you're in Europe, why not look around and find a good
Hazet, Wiha or Stahlwille wrench instead?

it's also possible that I'm busy.
Old January 2nd 04, 02:02 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

derk- I have a set of 2-8mm wrenches and damaged a 2mm wrench.
Could anybody tell me if these Hex wrenches can be bought individually?
BRBR

yes they can but there are scads of better wrenches out there-Like Pedros or at
your local hardware store(Bonhous).

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited Pablo Ricardo Mountain Biking 69 July 23rd 04 10:40 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
mutant cassette lockring tool g.daniels Techniques 4 July 11th 03 04:38 PM