Interesting Energy gel holder for distance riding

Old November 18th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

Default Interesting Energy gel holder for distance riding

Thought I'd share this.
http://www.lyramid.com/

I was just pondering this the other day - that unlike a bike which has
lots of crevices to stuff energy bars and whatnots, for unis, any extra
pouches might obstruct you or cause you to slow down (think saddle
pouches) when retrieving them.

This grip sticks on your bike frame and secures packets of energy gels.
I've also come across this alternative idea for a grip - using those
silicon wrist bands (like the LiveStrong ones) to tie small tools and
trinkets to your handlebar (the guy rides a bike).

--
fluxusmaximus

Old November 18th 08, 06:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

Really good for those muni riders that need a refreshment.

--
SHAY_CAM

*UNICYCLE FOR _YOURSELF._ *
Old November 18th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

But that's what the pockets in cycling jerseys are for! Interesting
though, although I'm not sure I'd trust it not to fall out before I ate
it.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old November 18th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

rob.northcott;1133084 wrote:
But that's what the pockets in cycling jerseys are for! Interesting
though, although I'm not sure I'd trust it not to fall out before I ate
it.

Rob

i think it has the added functionality that it's attached by the top so
when you rip it off the handlebars it tears the top off the sachet,
opening it for you.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 18th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

I guess it's for triathlon people - where they wear wacky suits rather
than cycling clothes, so don't have the jersey pockets to put things
in.

Is there anywhere on a unicycle where it'd be sensible to stick one of
those holders though? I guess if you have a massive handlebar there
might be somewhere on it.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old November 18th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

joemarshall;1133089 wrote:
I guess it's for triathlon people - where they wear wacky suits rather
than cycling clothes, so don't have the jersey pockets to put things
in.

Also they like spending money on things for little reason.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 18th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

Old November 18th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

:d:d:d

--
paul royle
Old November 18th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

:d

--
paul royle
Old November 18th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

Brilliant

--
paul royle

Riding SIF for Distance Unicorn Unicycling 14 October 1st 08 06:49 PM
Long Distance Riding? Treefrog UK 22 March 3rd 05 11:50 AM
Distance Riding kraze Unicycling 17 September 8th 04 04:08 AM
Distance riding Rockey Unicycling 3 March 18th 04 05:25 AM