Frank

Old May 6th 21, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Frank

On 5/5/2021 5:52 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

But, but... if he read the article he'd have no argument. Poor chap.
But after all he did fall off his bike and hit his head, and by his
own admission was essentially crazy for two years. We probably can't
expect much logic from him.

Tom has lost his grip on reality. Must be too much OAN, New York Post,
Breitbart, and Fox News.

Old May 6th 21, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 10:55:57 a.m. UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/5/2021 8:47 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 5 May 2021 22:56:57 -0000 (UTC), News 2021
wrote:

On Wed, 05 May 2021 15:39:09 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

Jay, get your head out of your ass for a change. Virtually ALL
antibiotics are developed in the USA and patented here.
Not so silly little tommy.

You shouldn't be so cruel. After all Tommy boy fell off his bike, hit
his head and was ga-ga for two years.

I see that as a serious point. Tom has obvious problems, whether induced
by his concussion or by something else. But whether on the internet or
in real life, it can be seriously difficult to deal with irrational,
paranoid, chronically argumentative or chronically negative people.

Imagine a similar problem individual in any face-to-face discussion
group like a book club, Bible study group, city planning charrette etc.
It would take strong leadership to keep discussions on track, and strong
self control by all members to avoid shouting matches.

If he were halfway normal, the problem individual would probably realize
he wasn't wanted. But what if his mental handicap didn't allow that, and
he persisted in attending and disrupting? That's what we have here.

--
- Frank Krygowski

If Tom was a member of any of those groups and if those groups reacted to topic change as many here do, Tom would just tell them that it's "topic drift". ;) LOL VBEG

Cheers
Old May 6th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Tell me, do you even ride a bike, "Ridesalot"? Seems like the only one that responds to bicycle related topics is Andrew. And Franks says that is unwanted. Scharf is nothing but a failed politician who hates being reminded that even the left thinks he is far to far to the left.
Old May 6th 21, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I think that Tommy Boy's antics are simply the evidence of a really
major lack of self esteem and his loud cries of "Look at Me! I
invented the Moon" are simply his attempts to prove to the world that
he "really is somebody". One might even feel sorry for the poor
fellow... if he wasn't so obnoxious :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old May 7th 21, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

On Thu, 06 May 2021 07:25:47 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:

Do you suppose laying in a hospital bed with a large machine next to you
would be what you call a pacemaker? Do you have any idea what is inside
of a real pacemaker of what programming it requires?

A mobile phone with bluetooth was what I last read.

Old May 7th 21, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 6:08:05 PM UTC-7, News 2021 wrote:
On Thu, 06 May 2021 07:25:47 -0700, Tom Kunich scribed:
Do you suppose laying in a hospital bed with a large machine next to you
would be what you call a pacemaker? Do you have any idea what is inside
of a real pacemaker of what programming it requires?

A mobile phone with bluetooth was what I last read.

BTW, first generation, plug-into-the-wall pacemakers apparently ranged in size from the size of a four-slice toaster to a canister vacuum cleaner. Hah! I found the story talking about Earl Bakken getting the idea for the first battery-powered pacemaker out of a science magazine:

"Bakken modified a circuit for an electronic metronome he had seen in the April 1956 issue of Popular Electronics that used transistors, which had been invented 10 years before. He modified the 2-transistor circuit so that the electrical pulses would pace the heart, rather than power a speaker."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...3510971637067X

Had Earl been Steve Jobs, he would have designed a device that paced the heart and powered speakers.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old May 7th 21, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

It really bothers you that you never achieved something in your life doesn't it? You know what. It doesn't matter. None of us are going to get out of this life alive but that appears to be your true ambition. I did some pretty great things to be proud of, but I did some things that were terrible to accomplish. Having to sit around hospitals and interview dying AIDS patients was not something I would care to do anymore. Nor talking to people dying of cancer so that I could try and find a way to treat them if not cure them. There are a hell of a lot more people worse off than you and perhaps you ought to focus on that rather than crying that I accomplished things and you didn't. My lung damage is probably a lot worse than yours and at least mine was for a purpose even if probably unnecessary due to the ignorance of physicists. I spent last night having nightmare about not being able to breath because I turned over and was sleeping on my back. Consider yourself lucky.

To Frank and Jay and SMS [email protected] Techniques 8 July 31st 20 04:40 PM
Frank - Tom Kunich[_5_] Techniques 40 August 4th 19 11:38 PM
Especially for Frank [email protected] Techniques 5 October 6th 17 04:19 PM
Let's be Frank.... Anton Berlin Racing 3 October 30th 09 12:00 AM
Where's Dr. Frank? MagillaGorilla[_3_] Racing 0 September 25th 08 09:35 PM