Yeah, rah -- common sense!

Old June 25th 12, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Frank Krygowski[_3_]

Default Yeah, rah -- common sense!

Joy Beeson wrote:
http://warsaw.in.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=376

A brochure explaining how to use these here new-fangled roundabouts.

I couldn't tilt my monitor and it is kinder hard to read sideways, so
I don't guarantee 100% common sense.

The roundabout actually built does not resemble the clip-art
roundabout in the brochure, but is easy to negotiate on a bicycle.

Coincidentally, the article I wrote two months ago for our bike club
newsletter was on how to handle roundabouts.

In my experience, they work extremely well for cyclists who understand
how to get away from the edge and control the lane, as that brochure
states. I think, though, that the brochure should have included a
warning NOT to hug the curb. That's "right hook" territory.

Driving and bicycling in France, the roundabouts were wonderful.
Clearly superior to American traffic lights and stop signs!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Yeah, rah -- common sense! Joy Beeson General 3 June 25th 12 08:39 PM
common sense Scott Racing 3 March 3rd 10 02:23 PM
Someone with some common sense - RonSonic Racing 1 May 25th 07 06:40 PM
A rare outbreak of common sense? Dave Larrington UK 41 June 17th 04 09:59 AM
Star letter and common sense from police. Simon Mason UK 32 April 5th 04 02:12 PM