America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Old January 8th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

Default America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

As much as I hate to say it, unicycling will -not- win.

The pogo sticker did not make it through the round because they thought
it was a cool, potentially successful sport, but they were looking for
the next David Blane or Sinatra.

I just think it will be good publicity for the sport.

--
beeper

')-Crankflip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgdzTx7qEg)

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old January 8th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

beeper;1166485 wrote:
The pogo sticker did not make it through the round because they thought
it was a cool, potentially successful sport, but they were looking for
the next David Blane or Sinatra.

And the sword-swallower didn't make it past the first round because the
judges didn't know "if America is ready for this". Or was that the
contortionist? Both acts that have been around for thousands of years.
Too bad the show doesn't have judges who know anything about variety
acts.

A unicyclist did make it to the top ten in the first season. He just
wasn't using unicycling in his performances. That was Johnny Lone-Star,
the trick roping, gun-twirling bottle-tossing guy. Teresa and Sem also
auditioned in the first season, but chose to start with an acro act and
save the unicycling for later, which was probably a mistake.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old January 8th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ergolicious

beeper;1166485 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, unicycling will -not- win.

The pogo sticker did not make it through the round because they thought
it was a cool, potentially successful sport, but they were looking for
the next David Blane or Sinatra.

I just think it will be good publicity for the sport.

Hmm, Unicycling might have a chance, it's somewhat (not at all now that
I think of it) like biking, minus a wheel and a lot more difficult.
Maybe it will want to try unicycling.

--
Ergolicious

aka Ergo
Old January 8th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

YouTube - America's
got flybar talent

I think that a unicyclist will get the same response, although
unicycling is obviously superior to pogostick haha.

Old January 8th 09, 01:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manon1wheel

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5WXSCiCQs)

I think that a unicyclist will get the same response, although
unicycling is obviously superior to pogostick haha.

i hate them.

--
manon1wheel

-Riley Crosby

'2007 video' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMLvlS5taI)
'2008 video now on youtube!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqWctiLjlZ4)
'2008 \"flow\" video on youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowb7OqT_aU)
'2008- A Uni Life (documentary)'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaJi0iy65s)
Old January 8th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

manon1wheel;1166501 wrote:
i hate them.

which ones? the guy that pogo sticked? or the judges?

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old January 8th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

They've had unicyclists on the show in the past. Mostly YMCA kind of
troops one that did some basketball stuff and the other I don't exactly
remember. The thing is the show wants variety show acts than sports
demonstrations.

An impressive freestyle pair or the kind of stuff that Leo does, or the
unicycle boy (if he's still around) would have a better chance of
advancing in the program than someone showing off street or flatland
skills.

It's that age old divide between sports unicycling and performance
unicycling.

--
ThisGuyIKnow
Old January 8th 09, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

beeper;1166485 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, unicycling will -not- win.

The pogo sticker did not make it through the round because they thought
it was a cool, potentially successful sport, but they were looking for
the next David Blane or Sinatra.

I just think it will be good publicity for the sport.

Yeah I know Fred the Flybar rider, I have been told countless times
entertaining htat I should be on that show. I always used him as an
example that It would be very hard to do with my sport, cause im not
doing big dancing coreographed (SP?) shows. I replied to the email, and
funny enough he advised that Spencer and myself do a routine together.

--
Unicaw89

0 9 T o r k e r f o r p r e s i d e n t !
CODY [/b]FREAKING* WILLIAMS
'[b]DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!*' (http://www.vimeo.com/824231)
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! ' (http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com' (renegadejuggling.com)
Old January 8th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Spencer Hochberg;1166418 wrote:
That sounds really cool, I think I will try to do it. I'm living in LA
for school but I don't have a car so we'll see if it works out.

You have to mention that you are the leader of Team Spencer!

They will be impressed. Good luck to you.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

Inventor of the Slapflip.

BillyTheMountain for President 2012
Old January 8th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

Go Spencer!

A tip: Do impressive stuff... not tech! They can't say the difference
between a 360 and a treyflip... And fast spins are always impressive!

Do some street and flat together and you have good chances!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

'*Unicycle.com.br*' (http://www.unicycle.com.br/)