Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

Old December 8th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

I'm pretty sure I've heard they do, but I'm riding the kh style from
ucd. If I'm right, the back and middle are just a little wider. I'd
check somewhere else.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old December 8th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

manon1wheel;1145416 wrote:
so the stock KH handle and bumper will fit on the miyata CF base from
UDC?
-Riley

I have a miyata style cause I got it from a friend and I made it work
w/ a kh handle but I needed to drill some holes and add quite a bit of
spacers.
There's no problem with it at all now. You can make it work but you
might have to drill some holes.

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel
Old December 8th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

manon1wheel;1145416 wrote:
hey!
so im looking into buying a carbon fiber seatbase. i dont have the
money to buy a wallis seat base.

is there a big difference in the miyata style base? will i still be
able to fit the KH bumpers and handle on it? is it worth it to save 130$
for the s. wallis base?

I E-mailed them to see when the kh base will get back in stock. I'll
tell you how it works out.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Old December 8th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

helpdesk wrote:
The seat bases are made in the UK and may not be here until January.

Sorry. Uniproshop still has the KH base, however

Old December 8th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tmoyer

manon1wheel;1145402 wrote:
is it worth it to save 130$ for the s. wallis base?

The big difference is that if you buy the Wallis base you get to use a
stronger post also. If you're not breaking seat posts, and you don't
mind the do-it-yourself aspects of the UDC base, then no need to spend
the extra $$.

If you're breaking posts also, then save your money and get a Wallis
base.

--
tmoyer

')--360unispin08--O'
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HPwf_TA17xo)
')--75cmHighJump*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywfKhbBFkY)
Old December 8th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

I got + installed my Wallis Base a couple days ago, and it is really
nice.

--
Unreal-Wheel

')-Crankflip-'O,
3rd
place'
(http://www.vimeo.com/2104164)...............'360 inspin vid!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fSbfLZKGM&fmt=18)...............'Clean
Crankflip Vid!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw0ycUM83ZY&fmt=18)
Old December 8th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniKid2

Pic?

EDIT: 700th post!

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.
Old December 8th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

well im kinda at school...

Old December 8th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

tmoyer;1145834 wrote:
The big difference is that if you buy the Wallis base you get to use a
stronger post also. If you're not breaking seat posts, and you don't
mind the do-it-yourself aspects of the UDC base, then no need to spend
the extra $$.

If you're breaking posts also, then save your money and get a Wallis
base.

Further proof of Scott Wallis's superior design skills: I managed to
break a Primo Rod seatpost with my SW CF base the other day... I pushed
down too hard on the seat after landing a drop, snapped a bolt, and the
seatpost's flange. The CF base wasn't even scratched.

Try that with any other seat base!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire