Interbike 2017

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 25th 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Interbike 2017

On 9/22/2017 5:40 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 5:26:32 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:

[big snip]

Apparently e-bikes are extremely popular in Europe and Asia where
there's more transportational cycling, and not in the U.S. where it's
more recreational.

It's cheating, but I'm going to buy one for my wife -- and then use it. Sorry, honey, got to take the eBike today.

Damn - great minds really do think alike! Just took my wife for an
e-bike test ride Friday. She liked it.
I'm figuring she can motor-pace me some days.

I'm feeling the temptation, but holding the line on getting one for me -
for now.

It's the rare transportational cyclist riding an eBike around here, but that may change over time. I have no qualms about drafting eBikes since most are too fast to be in the bike lanes anyway. Some are just lightweight motorcycles. It's like Kommuter Keirin for me -- except for this one woman I see a lot who has an eCargoBike that goes zero to thirty in like a second. I don't have the thighs or lungs for that, and she drops me off the lights.

Yup, I've seen two or three on my commute (the slower ebikes, look like
hub motors mostly). Hard to hold that wheel.

Mark J.

2017 Vuelta Stage 20 Michael[_10_] Racing 1 September 9th 17 09:09 PM
ignore Happy Birthday, August 14, 2017 Davey Crockett[_13_] Racing 1 August 14th 17 02:29 PM
Happy Birthday, August 12, 2017 Davey Crockett[_13_] Racing 0 August 12th 17 04:23 PM
UK CITY OF CULTURE 2017 Judith[_4_] UK 4 January 3rd 17 04:07 PM
Hull to be UK City of Culture 2017 Judith[_4_] UK 6 November 20th 13 06:43 PM