Furniture spray.

Old June 9th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Furniture spray.

On Jun 9, 6:47*pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:32*am, thirty-six wrote:

On Jun 9, 1:26*pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 9, 6:22 am, "Neil" wrote:

Cleaned off old oil - sprayed some furniture spray - cycled a couple of
miles -seems to work. I'll do a longer rides over the weekend which will
explore how long it lasts and whether it picks up grit or not.

On chain? I'm using PB-50... Anyone has opinions?

http://www.blastercorporation.com/PB_50.html

It's cheap and some people use it on the chain. Notice the picture on
the can.

It say it's a water displacer, it does not mention molybdenum
disulphide. *If its for anything other than a childs light duty cycle
I'd look for something else, like oil.

OK, I tried now Mr Wrench chain lube, equally cheap but hopefully
better.

http://www.liquidwrench.com/

If I MUST pay for a better quality I wouldn't hesitate to do it though.

If it's cheap, smells OK, doesn't stain clothes in a manner which
can't be corrected, I'd probably give it a go if it was available
here. Note that contact with it will possibly cause you to suffer a
slow death with lung cancer, you will parent deformed children and you
will be begging for pennies each day until you keel over in the
gutter. If you can accept that then your good to go. You have been
warned. HAZARDOUS
Old June 10th 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

tools rolled in newsprint, kept dry might not rust.

if the newspaper gives off a toxic gas when new, that's the
rustproofer. some newsprint doesn't stink.

linseed !

Old June 10th 11, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 9, 6:22 am, "Neil" wrote:

[...]

Is that the same stuff the Orkin Man uses?

When will they take away this lethal street furniture? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 40 June 14th 10 06:52 PM
Kitchen furniture Brian Drury[_3_] UK 54 May 9th 07 10:36 PM
Street furniture, footpath furniture [email protected] UK 862 April 18th 05 12:56 PM
Vulnerable Road Furniture Just zis Guy, you know? UK 12 December 23rd 03 05:12 AM