WARNING to Coker owners

Old August 24th 05, 11:45 PM
leadpan

Default WARNING to Coker owners

Do NOT use air compressors to pump air into tires! Use hand/foot pumps
instead. I am speaking from experiences after 5 blown tubes. Call it
stupidity or learning experiences. This goes for 29" and the standard
36", I have blown them both! The last tire blow-out cause
the bead of the tire to warp so now I had to order a new tire from
unicycle.com GRRRRR! I had tried everything to save it but was of
no use. Don't suffer the fate that I am in. I will have to wait a whole
week without riding my Coker, I am so bummed!

So kids, just say NO to air compressors!

--
leadpan - OC Cokeur

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong
leadpan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9751

Old August 25th 05, 12:08 AM
Krashin'Kenny

leadpan wrote:
* Call it stupidity or learning experiences *

I always use my compressor to air up the tires on my unicycles
(including my Coker with a 29" tube), bicycles, motorcycles and
tow-behind inflatables for the boat and have NEVER had a "blow up"

You just gotta know when to stop

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old August 25th 05, 12:20 AM
Doug

I set my regulator to 1 or 2 psi above what I want in the tire then air
it up. Although it takes longer because the last couple of psi are real
slow to equalize (or try to), its very reliable.

--
Doug - Unicyclist

Ride like you stole it!
Doug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/673

Old August 25th 05, 03:21 AM
Tim

I only use an air compresser. Its a small weak one so I dont think I'm
in much danger. I can see though using a large one with a large tank and
a short hose it getting in to fast with the air maybe still compressed.
I dont know though just a guess.

--
Tim - Amanda's the sexiest avatar

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

Smoking Jagurs old pipe.

Old August 25th 05, 03:24 AM
bam

Are you using a home compressor or gas station? Gas station compressors
come directly off the compressor and will inflate the tube too fast and
hard. It exploits all the weak spots in the tube, all the thin spots
over stretch and pop. Inflate a tube at the gas station and then deflate
it , you will see what I mean in the tube. Thin sections in the tube
appear stretched out and thinner. A home compressor takes air off a tank
and does not inflate the tube too fast or hard.

--
bam - Balance challenged Newbie

I don`t suffer from insanity...I enjoy every second of it.
I live in my own little world...but it`s OK, they know me there!!
bam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5248