Still Alive and kicking and Bike Insurance!

Old August 21st 06, 10:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz

Default Still Alive and kicking and Bike Insurance!

Been following the posts and keeping up to date, but decided to take an
extended break from everything sporting for a few weeks and am starting
to get back into things again slowly, on me old bike thanks to my fairly
dramatic accident about 6 weeks ago now.

All the scratches, bruises and soreness has gone and I am actually back
out on the road again, been heading out with my brother which has been
great.

However, I have some information that I wanted to pass on to anybody
else that might be in my situation I thought I was in with Bike
Insurance and Home and Contents Insurance.

Short story, not covered mind you after being told 2 times I was;
1st time, when wife called and put on bike as a personal effect
2nd time, when accident happened, wife called up and told the
situation, we were told yep no problems, send in the claim form and we
will sort it out.

but when it came time for them to pay up, we were not insured. As
angry and annoyed as I am, it pretty much is our fault. Unfortunately
we relied and believed what we were told over the phone and we didn't
read the Product Information Statement, foolishly trusted and believed
what we were told by a telephone operator.

Turns out and its the same with RACV as well as Allianz, insuring your
bike through Home and Contents as an additional item, does not cover
you if you are using your bike, at all "FULL STOP". If we had of told
the insurance company it was stolen or the bike was sitting there and
got hit by a rogue car, no problems. However, because I was riding it
at the time, sorry, no go.

So now I have to go through the whole contact the driver scenario and
do the whole I want to claim on your insurance, riga-maroll *sigh*
wanted to avoid it, but have no choice now. Mean while im riding the
old 6 year old Monza and boy what a diffence!! Think it is helping
build up muscle mass thats for sure lugging around 3 times the weight
of my previous bike

anyway I hope the information might be helpful to somebody else in the
future.

--
MikeyOz