Poll: How long have you been riding

Old June 29th 04, 06:26 PM
BillyTheMountain

Default Poll: How long have you been riding

The recent responses to a post about this suggests that many people have
only been riding a short time. I don't know if that is just the biased
sample of forum responders. Maybe there are just many people new to a
blossoming sport, or may many people lose interest before they have many
years in. I'm 48 and have been riding 31 years.

--
BillyTheMountain
BillyTheMountain's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5357

Old June 29th 04, 06:40 PM
Memphis Mud

I learned over 30 yrs ago. However, I only rode occationally for a year
or so. Then, 29 yrs later, I picked it back up and have ridden hard for
the past two years.

There was a long period of Rip Van Winkle non-riding in the middle. When
I awoke, there were MUni's and Trials and Cokers...oh my!

So, I can say I've ridden over 30 yrs.

And I can say I rode for about a year back then and two years recently.
Totalling about 3 yrs.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old June 29th 04, 07:26 PM
Worminton

I'm over the one year mark. But i really like the sport and I'll
probably make a video soon.

--
Worminton - Owner of a new Chromatic Harmonica

Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
my African American Brother."

"LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
-My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

Old July 3rd 04, 01:28 PM

I'm 47 and have been riding for 34 years.

David Ramos
USA Director

Old July 4th 04, 02:01 AM
nickvb123

Less than 6 months.

--
nickvb123 - Freestyler

"He jumped off that with his one wheeled bike"
nickvb123's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5926

Old July 4th 04, 03:50 AM
overthehill

I'm 48 and I've been riding since 12 or 13 (can't remember) and still
use the same unicycle. Don't know what kind it is but it's 24" chrome
and came with a white wall tire, white seat and the white seat cover
was held on by clips that lipped over the edge of the metal seat.

Last year I got a new Viscount seat, longer seat post, new crank arms
and pedals from unicyle.com.
Wish I had a more comfortable seat. Can anybody suggest a more
comfortable seat?

--
overthehill
overthehill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7046

Old July 4th 04, 04:40 AM
KJ-52

yeah I can, a KJ seat is more comfy, and not too expensive. I started on
a Viscount, so I know theres a difference. It does take a bit of
getting used to, but worth it.

Andrew

--
KJ-52 - unicycler

Originally posted by Logan_A.
Note this e-mail is baKsed oJn -a sto5ry a2nd mIay bSe fictKional oEr
conWtain fictiLonal elements. This should also not have been read by any
younger riders.

Can you find the hidden message?

KJ-52's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5614

Old September 1st 04, 07:50 PM
Shae Matijs Erisson

"BillyTheMountain" list.com
writes:

The recent responses to a post about this suggests that many people have only
been riding a short time. I don't know if that is just the biased sample of
forum responders. Maybe there are just many people new to a blossoming
sport, or may many people lose interest before they have many years in. I'm
48 and have been riding 31 years.

I'm 32 (few days from 33) and I've been riding almost one year.

Speaking of which, I've persuaded my friends to help me fund a unicycle for my
birthday.
Right now I have a 20" Dodger training uni, but it's not holding up well under
my 100kilos (220 pounds).
One goal for my next uni is bike rides with my two-wheeling friends,
but I'm also interested in MUni.
Should I go for a Kris Holm 24" or a Coker?
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - Programmer - http://www.ScannedInAvian.org/
"I will, as we say in rock 'n' roll, run until the wheels come off,
Old December 22nd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

1-2 years.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old December 22nd 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sxbud138

I have had a uni for almost 2 years,but I have only rode 7-9 months
total.

--
sxbud138