Usuing a Thule "Wheel Strap" on Yakima bike tray?

Old December 11th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pete Grey

Default Usuing a Thule "Wheel Strap" on Yakima bike tray?

"trg" wrote in message
"Pete Grey" a écrit dans le message de news:
| I'm a little bit fed up with the new design "rattler" Yakima straps and
I've
| "upgraded" all my older racks so I don't have any of the old flip style
| straps, unfortunately. I think they work better with larger mtn tires
but
| not so well with 120psi road tires.
|
| At any rate, I notice Thule makes nearly the same design as the one
Yakima
| had, does anyone know if the tab diameter (the part that fits into the
tray
| slot)is close enough that their wheel straps will work well in the
Yakima
| bike trays?
|
| Thanks,
|
| -pete

Gods man. What possessed you? If this kind of unnatural thinking
continues,
soon we'll have cats and dogs sleeping together.

Must've been the sound of the Yakima rattler strap stripping out for about
the hundredth time while tightening against my 120psi tires.
Or maybe it was trying to release the same strap, pusing repeatedly while
tugging up on the strap itself as it refused to come loose.
Bad design IMHO, the old cam/flip strap was far superior. Seems Thule
caught on;-]

-pete