Checkmate, Atheists!

Old November 15th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
vinny

Default Checkmate, Atheists!

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in
message ...

"vinny" wrote in message

"Adam Corolla" wrote in message

"vinny" wrote in message

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/6Ru0fdxV/Checkmate_Atheists

That was retarded. there were no facts even mentioned. Oh, except the
bible exists.
How friggen stupid.

Actually, that's pretty much what the Christians I know, who are
otherwise intelligent people, believe:

The Bible is the word of God because it says so in the Bible.
The earth is only 8,000 years old because that's what the Bible seems to
say. All the evidence to the contrary is simply misunderstood by
scientists because, I presume, the devil is misleading them.
Dinosaurs existed at the same time as people.
The theory of evolution is obvious nonsense.
The Bible is true and the proof of that is that Israel was reformed,
which the Bible predicts.

Etc.

I'm certainly not saying that's what *all* Christians believe. The ones
I know happen to be fundamentalists, Bible literalists.

On one hand it seems sad to give in so completely to superstition, on
the other hand I've seen that it doesn't really matter what you believe
as long as it works for you. Because what can you really know for
certain anyway?

Except for one thing. According to Christianity, if you don't believe,
your condemned to being away from GOD forever.
scary.
I try to mix what we know scientifically with what I read. It almost
tells you to do that in a lot of places in the bible.
And I never read the 8000 year thing. Ive heard weeks of years, and stuff
like that, but never referencing the creation.
And the devil? That crap scares the hell out of me.
According to the bible, he hates us because he refused to serve us like
GOD told him too. He would only serve GOD and no other.
In the book of JOB they sound like they are two guys that work together
at the office.

The original good cop-bad cop strat.
Give yerself a break w/ the Kamasutra.

Ok, I will when i figure out what that means.

Old November 15th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

Adam Corolla wrote:

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message

Dixon wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/6Ru0fdxV/Checkmate_Atheists

Checkmate huh? Well let's get a "REAL" Christian response for your video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5jRklNY0Uw&watch_response

Dixon

I've been accosted by a few of the type in the first video (checkmate
guy) and they were trying to sell me on their brand. PITA

You know that was all tongue-in-cheek, right?

The second guy actually made me laugh. But I think I would rather share a
booth in a restaraunt with the second guy.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

The second guy seemed schizophrenic to me. They can be entertaining at
times, but if you know someone who's gone through that then it's just sad.

I'll still choose him over a zealot.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Old November 15th 07, 04:24 AM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

"vinny" wrote in message

"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

It's the east indian bibble, basically a very long sex manual.
It's helps to be double jointed, or at least very flexible.
My HoloBarre can help greatly along these lines.

Well, actually, as usual, the burden falls on the female to be double
jointed, so you might want to get my **** for her.
Or move to India.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

AND,
Make sure whomever you do vote for believes in
ABSOLUTE separation of Church & State--ferchrissakes

all d'numbuhs

Old November 15th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:45:20 -0600, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

"vinny" wrote in message

"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]

"New Conservative Science Theme Park"

[
will open this spring in Kentucky
The centrepiece of the museum is a series of huge model dinosaurs,
built by the former head of design at Universal Studios, which are
portrayed as existing alongside man, contrary to received scientific
opinion that they lived millions of years apart.
Other exhibits include images of Adam and Eve, a model of Noah's Ark
and a planetarium demonstrating how God made the Earth in six days.
"We want people to be confronted by the dinosaurs," said Mr Ham. "It's
going to be a first class experience. Visitors are going to be hit by
the professionalism of this place."
Among the projects still to be finished is a reconstruction of the
Grand Canyon, purportedly formed by the swirling waters of the Great
Flood .....
Mr Ham's Answers in Genesis movement blames the 1999 massacre at
Columbine High School in Colorado, in which two teenagers killed 12
classmates and a teacher before killing themselves, on evolutionist
teaching, claiming that the perpetrators believed in Darwin's survival
of the fittest.
Other exhibits in the museum will blame homosexuals for Aids ...
while in another room, visitors will see a tyrannosaurus rex pursuing
Adam and Eve ....
.... which gained further strength with the re-election of President
Bush in November....
.... America's religious Deep South – have got around the ban by
teaching the theory of "intelligent design" ....
"Since President Bush's re-election we have been getting more
membership applications than we can handle,'' said Mr Ham ..
]

http://tinyurl.com/6xjdb
HTH
--
Cliff

Old November 15th 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.aol.tricks
Cliff

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:03:45 -0500, "vinny" wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/6Ru0fdxV/Checkmate_Atheists

That was retarded. there were no facts even mentioned. Oh, except the bible
exists.
How friggen stupid. Dumbasses like that make more atheists than not.

We need to not seperate science from religion.

Here's an example.

GOD created the universe.
The universe is everything we know, including laws of physics.
So before the "universe" was created was GOD bound by the laws of physics?
Who knows, but if he created them, then they didnt exist at the creation?

I am a Christian, but one heck of a confused one.
The man lived.
the man was killed on a cross.
those are facts. Beyond that who knows.

But its deep, real deep. The bible is called the new testememnet, or the
"new covenent". Its what the whole thing is about from adam to me. Thats why
we are called sons of GOD and Jesus is called the Son of man. To understand
that one must understand the covenent. I bet less than .0001% even know what
the covenent is. Let alone the "new" covenent.

The Earth is a self sufficient machine, a spaceship kinda. Nobody disputes
that. Way to complex to happen by chance.

If you don't believe in GOD, or life force, or "the force" then your blind.
Things are either alive or there not. Once they are not alive they are never
gonna be alive. The life force isnt there.
It's in everything alive, once its there nothing can stop it.

The problem arises when we think we have to know exactly what GOD is.
To my dog I am god.

Seriously, look at it this way.

Pretend we are 2 dimensional. A flat square with no height.
Then GOD stands next to us, but he is 3 dimensional, he has height.
When we look at him what will we see, another 2 dimensional object. We
cannot see height if we are 2 dimensional.
WE CAN NEVER put an image in our heads other than what we are. So we make
him seem like an old man.

Then there's time.
If GOD created the Universe, time would be something created at that time.
So when he created the universe time hadn't existed yet.
Can we contemplate that? NO. We are clocks, we have a voltage to syncronize
us. Ever notice time is whipping by, or going slow, all thats going on is
our voltage is off from everyone else.

One thing I have a problem with, most dinosaur bones are found less than 1
foot under the soil.
Now leave something in your yard for 100 years and the thing is buried. im
supposed to believe in millions of years or hundreds of millions of years
these bones are laying on the surface? How ridiculous.
Carbon dating is not seen as fact. IN fact the guy who invented the
process said it was flawed.

I know, we were told its fact so it is!
Bull****. For every scientist that says its fact another disputes it.

Then there's the footprints, the ones they say were from the first animal to
walk on land from the sea. On some beach in ireland.
WHAT?
Footprints lasted on the surface for 200 million years?
Im sorry, thats just the dumbest **** i ever heard. Friggen scientists dream
**** up in their head, then go out to prove it.
Thats how its done, ask any scientist.

Is there a GOD? There's definetely a life force?
Is it an old man with a beard, proberbly not.
What is it...never gonna know, we lack the tools to know. A blind man can
never see. Its just the way it is.

Are we special? Now thats the big question. Are we just the most evolved or
are we chosen and created for a specific purpose?

Old November 15th 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
beekeep

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:03:45 -0500, "vinny" wrote:

Is there a GOD? There's definetely a life force?
Is it an old man with a beard, proberbly not.
What is it...never gonna know, we lack the tools to know. A blind man can
never see. Its just the way it is.

Are we special? Now thats the big question. Are we just the most evolved or
are we chosen and created for a specific purpose?

If there was a God, wouldn't our penises taste like chocolate?

beekeep

Old November 16th 07, 01:32 AM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Kunich

"beekeep" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:03:45 -0500, "vinny" wrote:

Is there a GOD? There's definetely a life force?

If there was a God, wouldn't our penises taste like chocolate?

Ahem, there are some here who claim they do.

Old November 16th 07, 07:38 PM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Frank Warner

In article , vinny
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/6Ru0fdxV/Checkmate_Atheists

That was retarded. there were no facts even mentioned. Oh, except the bible
exists.
How friggen stupid. Dumbasses like that make more atheists than not.

We need to not seperate science from religion.

Yes, we do. 300 years of spectacularly successful science has brought
incalculably more benefits to humans than 2000 years of one particular
religion I'm thinking of.

Here's an example.

GOD created the universe.

Evidence?

The universe is everything we know, including laws of physics.
So before the "universe" was created was GOD bound by the laws of physics?
Who knows, but if he created them, then they didnt exist at the creation?

Who or what created God? If God always existed, why is God a special
case and the Universe isn't? Special Pleading is a fundamental logical
fallacy.

I am a Christian, but one heck of a confused one.
The man lived.
the man was killed on a cross.
those are facts. Beyond that who knows.

Everything you were taught about Jesus is wrong. Not just some things.
Not just most things. Everything. If anyone by that name existed (and
there is no convincing contemporary evidence he did) it is more likely
he was the First-Century equivalent of today's Middle Eastern suicide
bomber, trying to expel Roman occupiers from his land.

Jesus wasn't even a Christian. Christianity was started by his
followers Paul and, later, Peter, for reasons of their own.

But its deep, real deep. The bible is called the new testememnet, or the
"new covenent". Its what the whole thing is about from adam to me. Thats why
we are called sons of GOD and Jesus is called the Son of man. To understand
that one must understand the covenent. I bet less than .0001% even know what
the covenent is. Let alone the "new" covenent.

The Earth is a self sufficient machine, a spaceship kinda. Nobody disputes
that. Way to complex to happen by chance.

Chance had nothing to do with it (and by that you aren't to read that
supernatural forces did). Very, VERY few things in science or physics
happen by chance. Chemistry and its underlying physics have extremely
predictable processes and results. The Earth and everything on it is
here because of these natural, predictable processes, not because it
was magicked into existence by some Late Stone Age Middle Eastern myth.

If you don't believe in GOD, or life force, or "the force" then your blind.
Things are either alive or there not. Once they are not alive they are never
gonna be alive. The life force isnt there.
It's in everything alive, once its there nothing can stop it.

(Sigh) Life is nothing but chemistry. See above. There's no such thing
as a "life force." There's no such thing as a "soul." No verifiable
evidence for either of these things has ever been presented.

The problem arises when we think we have to know exactly what GOD is.
To my dog I am god.

Seriously, look at it this way.

Pretend we are 2 dimensional. A flat square with no height.
Then GOD stands next to us, but he is 3 dimensional, he has height.
When we look at him what will we see, another 2 dimensional object. We
cannot see height if we are 2 dimensional.
WE CAN NEVER put an image in our heads other than what we are. So we make
him seem like an old man.

That's a fairly sophisticated argument. "God is so outside our realm of
comprehension that He/She/It demands our obeisance by its very
incomprehensibility."

My answer is, I live in the real world. I have real needs, real hopes,
real desires. I have to breathe, eat, ****, ****, kill and die. It's
not too much to ask for any critter I worship to live in the real
world, too. If I'm an amoeba floating in a pond in China, chances are I
shouldn't be too concerned with an eagle flying over the mountains in
Idaho.

Then there's time.
If GOD created the Universe, time would be something created at that time.
So when he created the universe time hadn't existed yet.

That's what the Big Bang theory states, too. There was no "time" before
the initial event. It's like saying "what's north of the north pole?"

Can we contemplate that? NO. We are clocks, we have a voltage to syncronize
us. Ever notice time is whipping by, or going slow, all thats going on is
our voltage is off from everyone else.

I'm not sure I follow your example here.

One thing I have a problem with, most dinosaur bones are found less than 1
foot under the soil.
Now leave something in your yard for 100 years and the thing is buried. im
supposed to believe in millions of years or hundreds of millions of years
these bones are laying on the surface? How ridiculous.

Uh. No. Most dinosaur bones are found in sediments that were buried and
then later exposed through erosion or other processes. The sediments
could have been dozens or hundreds of meters thick at one time.

Carbon dating is not seen as fact. IN fact the guy who invented the
process said it was flawed.

Cite? There is a margin of error in C13 dating, as in all nuclear
dating processes, but they are accurate enough to estimate an object's
age pretty closely. C13 dating has been calibrated with tree ring
dating going back tens of thousands of years.

I know, we were told its fact so it is!
Bull****. For every scientist that says its fact another disputes it.

That's what science is all about!

Then there's the footprints, the ones they say were from the first animal to
walk on land from the sea. On some beach in ireland.
WHAT?
Footprints lasted on the surface for 200 million years?
Im sorry, thats just the dumbest **** i ever heard. Friggen scientists dream
**** up in their head, then go out to prove it.
Thats how its done, ask any scientist.

Absolutely mind-boggling wrong. Science is the process of presenting a
hypothesis about something observed or suspected, backing it up with a
theory that explains the hypothesis, then designing experiments (or
doing field work) to DISPROVE the hypothesis, because nothing in
science is ever proved, it is only supported (to sometimes incredible
degrees) by further challenges and real-world application.

I don't understand. You are probably still alive only because of
science. Why are you knocking it so much?

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/
Old November 16th 07, 09:13 PM posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.bicycles.racing,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Kunich

"Frank Warner" wrote in message
. ..
In article , vinny
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
http://www.shoutfile.com/v/6Ru0fdxV/Checkmate_Atheists

That was retarded. there were no facts even mentioned. Oh, except the
bible
exists.
How friggen stupid. Dumbasses like that make more atheists than not.

We need to not seperate science from religion.

Yes, we do. 300 years of spectacularly successful science has brought
incalculably more benefits to humans than 2000 years of one particular
religion I'm thinking of.

Is that so? Perhaps you credit science for more than they have accounted
themselves.

Here's an example.

GOD created the universe.

Evidence?

By all means tell us when and where the universe came from and where it's
ends are.

Who or what created God?

That alone proves that you couldn't grasp it if you were told.

Everything you were taught about Jesus is wrong.

And the proof comes from you.

My answer is, I live in the real world. I have real needs, real hopes,
real desires. I have to breathe, eat, ****, ****, kill and die. It's
not too much to ask for any critter I worship to live in the real
world, too. If I'm an amoeba floating in a pond in China, chances are I
shouldn't be too concerned with an eagle flying over the mountains in
Idaho.

Hey, whatever floats your boat is fine. The fact that you find religious
people so offensive does lead me to believe that you have a lot more
questions than you'll admit.

That's what the Big Bang theory states, too. There was no "time" before
the initial event. It's like saying "what's north of the north pole?"

I suggest you don't get on a game show expecting to last past the first
round. Your understanding of time and the north pole are somewhat at odds
with the universe.

Uh. No. Most dinosaur bones are found in sediments that were buried and
then later exposed through erosion or other processes. The sediments
could have been dozens or hundreds of meters thick at one time.

By all means tell me - how long is a Day to God?

Absolutely mind-boggling wrong. Science is the process of presenting a
hypothesis about something observed or suspected, backing it up with a
theory that explains the hypothesis, then designing experiments (or
doing field work) to DISPROVE the hypothesis, because nothing in
science is ever proved, it is only supported (to sometimes incredible
degrees) by further challenges and real-world application.

Maybe you can explain to me how religion and science are at odds?