The thinking behind Bruce's prop

Old November 25th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

Default The thinking behind Bruce's prop

http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...uffington-Post

-rj
Old November 25th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert[_11_]

"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message
http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...uffington-Post

-rj

Ah, I am pro choice, and how do you explain that?

Robert

Old November 25th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert[_11_]

"Robert" wrote in message

"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message
http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...uffington-Post

-rj

Ah, I am pro choice, and how do you explain that?

Robert

That's also a dig on blacks. According to their logic, blacks are somehow
behind the times, not hip, and stuck to old-fashioned religious values. 80
percent of blacks are against gay marriage, a huge number. However, whites
are in the minority in some states now. Look who makes up America? Its
Latino, blacks, Asian, half a dozen others, and whites, but this is not a
consensus of old fashioned whites. Look at the article you posted. The first
they mention are black Americans. Mormons support King Solomon's lifestyle,
which I don't. There are many things you can try to lump together with that
article that I part from. However, what is not mentioned is millions of
people don't support gay marriage that are not church going old school
radicals. Got some splaining to do with that crowd too.

Old November 25th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
zencycle

On Nov 25, 12:07*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:
http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...pport-Behind-P...

-rj

Who is bruce, and what the **** does this have to do with bike
racing?

REpost he

http://groups.google.com/group/Athei...stianity?hl=en

If you're interested in debate on the topic.

*

Fourth Bruce: No. Right, I just want to remind you of the faculty
rules: Rule One!

Everybruce: No Poofters!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Two, no member of the faculty is to maltreat the
Abbos in any way at all -- if there's anybody watching. Rule Three?

Everybruce: No Poofters!!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Four, now this term, I don't want to catch anybody
not drinking. Rule Five,

Everybruce: No Poofters!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Six, there is NO ... Rule Six. Rule Seven,

Everybruce: No Poofters!!

Fourth Bruce: Right, that concludes the readin' of the rules, Bruce.
Old November 25th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...uffington-Post

Dumbass,

Philly sucks,

Bob Schwartz
Old November 25th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote:

http://richarddawkins.net/article,33...pport-Behind-P...

-rj

Who is bruce, and what the **** does this have to do with bike
racing?

****ing Newbie -

Please leave. You have no clue what you're talking about and you are
far too fresh and clueless to be attempting to dictate newsgroup
content here.

thank you for your cooperation,

K. Gringioni.
Old November 25th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Nov 25, 12:15*pm, "Robert" wrote:
millions of
people don't support gay marriage

There is an important distinction to be made between not supporting
something, and making it illegal, don't you think?

-rj
Old November 25th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Nov 25, 1:28*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah
wrote:
On Nov 25, 12:15*pm, "Robert" wrote:

millions of
people don't support gay marriage

There is an important distinction to be made between not supporting
something, and making it illegal, don't you think?

Dumbass -

It's a free country! We should be free to make everything illegal!
That way we can be freer.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old November 25th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert[_11_]

"ronaldo_jeremiah" wrote in message
On Nov 25, 12:15 pm, "Robert" wrote:
millions of
people don't support gay marriage

There is an important distinction to be made between not supporting
something, and making it illegal, don't you think?

-rj

Totally, but since I voted as a registered Democrat, I wanted to vote on all
the ballots. If I skip prop 8, then that means I don't care enough to vote
one way or the other. Also I voted for Obama, but he's probably against prop
8. We are not just a divided country, but divided on all kinds of issues all
across the board, six of one, half a dozen of the other. America is a mesh
or fabric so to speak, but its a torn fabric. However, we are still a
democracy and the people have spoken. You can have as many hummers or SUV's
or McMansions as you want, but no one is entitled to more then their fair
share of democracy. The people have collectively spoken on this issue, and
they said no!

Old November 25th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Nov 25, 2:21*pm, "Robert" wrote:
[...]

Wait till the next election. There's a lot of energy about this. I can
see it on facebook - my network is some of my college/cycling friends
(age 35-45) and otherwise mostly art community friends (ages 20-40)
and I was pretty stunned at the depth of passion on this one. I think
the passing of Prop 8 is sort of like a Pearl Harbor moment.

I personally don't really care that much. This sort of civil rights
issue will change, just like the steps we've made from the 60's, where
voting activists were lynched in the South to where we are today.
Someday all the old bigots die off and the freer thinking young people
take over.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.