Time warp

Old August 12th 04, 06:16 PM
soup

Default Time warp

Went for a cycle today down the water of Leith walkway
then along the canal then through East Calder =Kirknewton
=Balerno.The water of Leith walkway is gently downhill the
canal is flat ,so was speeding along on these sections (well
relatively I am fat, unfit and over 40).
Thing is this journey of just over twenty miles took me three
and three quarters of an hour o.k. I got lost a couple of times
and had to stop a few times to check the map but not very
much or for very long, thing is people can jog/run marathons
of 26 miles in this time and yet I can't better it on a bicycle.
Can only think that I was lost for longer and looked at
the map for longer than I thought
--
yours S

Old August 12th 04, 06:23 PM
davek

soup wrote:
Can only think that I was lost for longer and looked at
the map for longer than I thought

You weren't sitting in a pub while looking at the map, were you?

d.
Old August 12th 04, 06:27 PM
soup

davek popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
soup wrote:
Can only think that I was lost for longer and looked at
the map for longer than I thought

You weren't sitting in a pub while looking at the map, were you?

d.

"Who me judge, never". )

--
yours S

Old August 12th 04, 06:33 PM
soup

soup wrote:
Can only think that I was lost for longer and looked at
the map for longer than I thought

You weren't sitting in a pub while looking at the map, were you?

d.

Actually humour apart wouldn't mind if I had been sitting in a pub
but I was more or less constantly on the go.

--
yours S

Old August 13th 04, 12:57 AM
Mark Thompson

Actually humour apart wouldn't mind if I had been sitting in a pub
but I was more or less constantly on the go.

Pretty impressive. I've spent a couple of months not doing that distance,
so you've easily beaten my 'non' time :-)
Old August 13th 04, 11:03 PM
Sue

In message 7, Mark
Thompson writes
Actually humour apart wouldn't mind if I had been sitting in a pub
but I was more or less constantly on the go.

Pretty impressive. I've spent a couple of months not doing that distance,
so you've easily beaten my 'non' time :-)

An average speed of about 5 mph is certainly leisurely, but what was the
weather like? Our CTC group wouldn't accept that as a personal best if
any of these conditions applied:

a) Headwind the subject of a Met Office warning
b) Temperature over 30C
c) More than two pub stops
d) Rider in possession of newly purchased camera
e) South West Trains assist

--
Sue ];(

Old August 14th 04, 01:42 AM
soup

Sue popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
An average speed of about 5 mph is certainly leisurely, but what was
the weather like? Our CTC group wouldn't accept that as a personal
best if any of these conditions applied:

a) Headwind the subject of a Met Office warning

Nope a pretty windless day.

b) Temperature over 30C

Slightly foggy.

c) More than two pub stops

Never stopped at any pubs.

d) Rider in possession of newly purchased camera

Have newish camera but didn't have it with me.

e) South West Trains assist

Was Scotland so South West trains not involved .

Wasn't being all that leisurely about it, the first three quarters
of it was flat or even slightly downhill and even the uphill bit
wasn't steep, how I only managed 5mph I don't know.
Must have rode through some sort of time warp will try this
route again tommorow/later today and see what my time is
like without getting lost/looking at maps,although staring at
a map for an hour and a half seems excesive.

--
yours S