More damning Tyler stuff

Old January 11th 05, 06:12 AM
Jet

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:27:14 +1100, patch70
wrote:

Jet Wrote:
Not -exactly- the same thing, but a lectin modifies an antigen
(galactosyl
residues). ?

A lectin is made from plants (soybeans).

Thoughts?

I have only read the abstract but the changes in the antigens only took
place in stored cells and not in humans (or even animals). If someone
has only their own blood, this should not be an issue.

The only way that I could envisage that this could be a potential
problem for the test for homologous transfusion is when someone has
been transfused with stored blood! It may possibly, maybe even cause a
false positive following autologous transfusion of stored blood.

Hehe. Well Tyler's lawyer should apply the obfucation factor and submit
this study with his motions - couldn't hurt, lol.

At least it shows that some innocuous things like plant extracts/enzymes
can change antigens. Probably unlikely to by anyone some reasonable doubt
though. ;-)

jj

Old January 12th 05, 01:37 AM
Tom Kunich

"patch70" wrote in message
news

Tom Kunich Wrote:
Not so with medicine.

I am with Robert on this one. There are plenty of bad doctors around.
You can certainly get through med school with nothing more than a good
memory and that is not what it takes to be a good doctor. Plus, where
you come in med school often does not correlate with how good/bad a
doctor you are.

I'll tell you my experience - a doctor's worst handicap is an immense ego.
And most of them have one.

Old January 12th 05, 03:09 AM
k.papai

There are now 200,000 licensed lawyers in California -- I mean, the
State Bar of Calif. has 200,000 members. About 35,000 of those live out
of state. 151,000 are ACTIVE (including nearly 2000 Judges).

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/demographics.aspx

Some Masters racers are attny's... (and one who writes like a
juvenile, you know who I mean and I don't mean Leffertiti, I mean R.W.
of SoCal

How many licensed MD's are in California?

-Ken

Old January 12th 05, 08:18 AM
Robert Chung

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/03_04annualreport.pdf

Old January 12th 05, 02:57 PM
Robert Chung

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/ca-physicians.png

Old January 12th 05, 03:06 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:57:38 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/ca-physicians.png

Conclusive proof that mountain air is good for you?

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old January 12th 05, 04:57 PM
k.papai

Nice chart, thanks.
My counties (work & play) are the two highest. Amazing stuff.
Could you do that with State Bar Members by county by population?

I wonder if you could find masters racers too by county and chart that
vs. number of physicians and attnys.

CALIF. Master Racers are cops, docs, lawyers, and a variety of computer
geeks, to name a few.

-Ken

Old January 13th 05, 01:16 AM
Tom Kunich

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
Robert Chung wrote:
k.papai wrote:

How many licensed MD's are in California?

http://www.medbd.ca.gov/03_04annualreport.pdf

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/ca-physicians.png

San Francisco looks a bit odd because it is the home of a major medical
training center.

Old January 13th 05, 05:42 AM
Robert Chung

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:57:38 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/ca-physicians.png

Conclusive proof that mountain air is good for you?

How fortunate that mountain folk are healthy: Pom would probably argue
that lower competition there means higher health care costs, while the
extra competition in the SF Bay Area gives it the lowest costs in the
state.

Old January 13th 05, 08:29 AM
dickus2375

Who knew you could get good drugs on the North Shore? I thought it was
all bad ecstasy and dried out weed, but apparently, there are hormones
and EPO to be had. Who'd have thunk it? Good on ya, Tyler. Just try to
stay focused while on the speed or whatever it is they're giving you
and not have another nasty spill, or at least not 4 or 5 a year, esp
before the Tour. Maybe cut back a bit on the amphetamines and go for
more downers?

--
dickus2375

New Stuff at Ray's MTBike Park! Scott Mountain Biking 30 December 18th 04 02:56 AM
Tyler in long BBC interview David George Racing 0 November 29th 04 10:29 AM
Used stuff at shops? Matt J General 20 December 9th 03 09:15 PM
best bike stuff in San Francisco? MontanaBiker General 5 December 6th 03 03:53 AM
Potential "Nightline" topic (Tyler Hamilton) Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles Racing 1 August 13th 03 06:02 PM