Do you ever get lazy?

Old December 21st 04, 05:08 PM
B.B.

Default Do you ever get lazy?

I got really, really lazy. I think it was because I was sick for a
while, then the weather was terrible, then I was just too busy. Today's
a perfect day to go out, I have nothing else to do, need the exercise,
and I still don't feel much like going.
That ever happen to anyone else here? What do you do to get yourself
remotivated?

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
Old December 21st 04, 05:12 PM
Dave Thompson

B.B. wrote:
I got really, really lazy. I think it was because I was sick for a
while, then the weather was terrible, then I was just too busy.
Today's a perfect day to go out, I have nothing else to do, need the
exercise, and I still don't feel much like going.
That ever happen to anyone else here? What do you do to get
yourself remotivated?

Just get on the bike and go for a ride. The motivation will come.

Old December 21st 04, 05:32 PM
MSA

In article , davetspokane1
@comcast.net says...
I got really, really lazy. I think it was because I was sick for a
while, then the weather was terrible, then I was just too busy.
Today's a perfect day to go out, I have nothing else to do, need the
exercise, and I still don't feel much like going.
That ever happen to anyone else here? What do you do to get
yourself remotivated?

Suffering from overtraining? What have you been up to over the past few
months?

--
Mark (MSA)
Remember, half the people you know are below average
Old December 21st 04, 05:49 PM
Neil Brooks

B.B. wrote:
I got really, really lazy. I think it was because I was sick for a
while, then the weather was terrible, then I was just too busy.
Today's a perfect day to go out, I have nothing else to do, need the
exercise, and I still don't feel much like going.
That ever happen to anyone else here? What do you do to get
yourself remotivated?

Just recovering from surgery myself. Doc has (well . . . /had/. I didn't
/entirely/ listen to him) me off the bike for a month.

My sure-fire cure? Clean your bike . . . thoroughly. Take maybe an hour or
more and do a really fine job. Tweak the der's, lube the cables and the
chain, dry the whole thing. Heck, wax the frame if you want to.

Five'll getcha ten that the only thing you'll be thinking about is how sweet
it will be to ride it the minute you're done.

Best,

Neil

Old December 21st 04, 05:56 PM
Dave Thompson

Neil Brooks wrote:

My sure-fire cure? Clean your bike . . . thoroughly. Take maybe an
hour or more and do a really fine job. Tweak the der's, lube the
cables and the chain, dry the whole thing. Heck, wax the frame if
you want to.

Five'll getcha ten that the only thing you'll be thinking about is
how sweet it will be to ride it the minute you're done.

Best,

Neil

Very good! You nailed it.

Old December 21st 04, 06:09 PM
Marvin

Okay, so now try this for a case of laziness. I work at a LBS and
tweak and grease bikes all damn day. After eight hours of (usually
quite appallingly maintained) bikes, the very last thing I want to do
is get on my own bike. Especially in the current weather when I'd have
to spend longer cleaning the bike than riding it.

Any other rbt'ers in the same situation? How do you maintain
enthusiasm over bikes when you're stuck with them nearly 24/7?
cheers
marvin, feeling distinctly stressed due to Xmas runup

Old December 21st 04, 06:19 PM
Neil Brooks

Marvin wrote:
Okay, so now try this for a case of laziness. I work at a LBS and
tweak and grease bikes all damn day. After eight hours of (usually
quite appallingly maintained) bikes, the very last thing I want to do
is get on my own bike. Especially in the current weather when I'd
have to spend longer cleaning the bike than riding it.

Any other rbt'ers in the same situation? How do you maintain
enthusiasm over bikes when you're stuck with them nearly 24/7?
cheers
marvin, feeling distinctly stressed due to Xmas runup

You've definitely just defined the upper limit for what cleaning and lubing
will do as a motivator to ride. Who'd-a thought?

Busman's Holiday? http://snipurl.com/binv

Let me turn the question around: have /you/ found anything that works . . .
even slightly??

Old December 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Go to the local market and get one of those blood pressure tests. Works
great, believe me.

- -

"May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old December 21st 04, 10:08 PM
Matt O'Toole

B.B. wrote:

I got really, really lazy. I think it was because I was sick for a
while, then the weather was terrible, then I was just too busy.
Today's a perfect day to go out, I have nothing else to do, need the
exercise, and I still don't feel much like going.
That ever happen to anyone else here? What do you do to get
yourself remotivated?

Hunger is a great motivator. If I want to eat, I have to go to the store (on my
bike).

Actually there's pretty good bus service, but the bike runs on *my* schedule.

Matt O.

Old December 21st 04, 10:19 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

My middle name is Lazy. Putting on my shoes and stepping outside is the
cure.

Dick Pound says Tyler is a cheater cheater pumpkin eater... Ronde Chimp Racing 44 October 4th 04 06:25 PM
RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 1 December 2nd 03 01:47 PM
Sick, Lame and Lazy GILD Unicycling 9 September 10th 03 09:42 AM
Mountain Bikers Are Too Lazy to WALK! Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 1 August 9th 03 03:08 PM