Rans Velocity Squared Bike for Sale

Old May 27th 05, 08:50 PM
Renee Geary

Default Rans Velocity Squared Bike for Sale

I have a Rans Velocity Squared recumbent for sale.. Original cost was
around $2000. The seat covers both the back and the cushion are ripped a
little but are still useable. The seat cushion is almost new. Shipping is
$100. I would like $1200 for it but am open to all reasonable offers. If
interested email me. Accessories include fairing, rear view mirror, back
bicycle rack, speedometer, and two sets of tires. One set of tires are the
high pressure road bike tires which originally came with the bike, and one
set is a knobby set of tires - similar to the tires used on mountain bikes.

Renee Geary

Old May 30th 05, 03:45 AM
Jim

Renee Geary wrote:

I have a Rans Velocity Squared recumbent for sale.. Original cost was
around $2000. The seat covers both the back and the cushion are ripped a
little but are still useable. The seat cushion is almost new. Shipping
is
$100. I would like $1200 for it but am open to all reasonable offers. If
interested email me. Accessories include fairing, rear view mirror, back
bicycle rack, speedometer, and two sets of tires. One set of tires are
the high pressure road bike tires which originally came with the bike, and
one set is a knobby set of tires - similar to the tires used on mountain
bikes.

Renee Geary

.

A brand new V2 goes for $1349 according to the Rans website.

Jim
Old May 30th 05, 05:13 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jim" wrote in message
Renee Geary wrote:

[...]

A good point Jim! It always amazes me the kind of money that some want for a
used bike. Anything I have ever sold used in my life I am lucky to get half
of what I paid for it - and that is usually my asking price for anything
used. But then I am not a crook like so many.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

Saint Edward - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

PS. I have decided to integrate my Orders and rename it the Order of the
Perpetual Sorrows as it is more in keeping with the end result of all the
misery in the world. However, I can still be reached at the Order of the
Eternal Miseries.

It goes without saying that once you have entered my
Order you will be miserable and that the eternal sorrows will just naturally
follow. This sort of Order can only be found on the plains of Minnesota,
which I liken to the east central part of Siberia. Abandon all hope ye who
enter here!

Old May 30th 05, 05:43 AM
Mark Leuck

"Jim" wrote in message
Renee Geary wrote:

[...]

True but he's including a fairing and bike rack, who knows what other
components came with it

Old May 30th 05, 05:55 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Renee Geary wrote:

[...]

I would just throw those kind of miscellaneous items into the asking price
and let the buyer know that he is getting a bargain. I do things like that
all the time because I am not a crook. However, I am not a business man like
Leuck is either.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old May 30th 05, 09:26 PM
John Halliburton

Well, it's free market, and if she gets her price, more power to her.
Otherwise, it's called negotiation, and she'll find out what the market will
bear.

JHH

Old May 30th 05, 11:05 PM
Big Red

IIRC the '2000 V squared was a lot more expensive than succeeding V2's as
RANS downgraded the components and made the fairing an option. Didn't RANS
make a alu framed version too?
. ..

Old May 31st 05, 12:16 AM
Edward Dolan

"Big Red" wrote in message
IIRC the '2000 V squared was a lot more expensive than succeeding V2's as
RANS downgraded the components and made the fairing an option. Didn't RANS
make a alu framed version too?
"John Halliburton" wrote in message
. ..

Well, it's free market, and if she gets her price, more power to her.
Otherwise, it's called negotiation, and she'll find out what the market
will bear.

Big Red is right. I got one of the early versions of the V2 for which I paid
top price. However, except for the components, I think the frame has stayed
the same and as you would expect the aluminum frame version is more
expensive.

I have always thought that the frame IS the bicycle and that the components
are in the realm of an after thought. I do insist that the components work,
but if they do I am satisfied. Therefore I will always buy a bike for the
frame and not pay too much attention to the components.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old May 31st 05, 02:07 AM
Mark Leuck

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

I have always thought that the frame IS the bicycle and that the

components
are in the realm of an after thought. I do insist that the components

work,
but if they do I am satisfied. Therefore I will always buy a bike for the
frame and not pay too much attention to the components.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Sounds like there are other reasons you have so many bikes laying around

Old May 31st 05, 05:10 AM
Edward Dolan

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

I have always thought that the frame IS the bicycle and that the

components
are in the realm of an after thought. I do insist that the components

work,
but if they do I am satisfied. Therefore I will always buy a bike for the
frame and not pay too much attention to the components.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Sounds like there are other reasons you have so many bikes laying around

Mark is right. I will admit I got most of my uprights because I wanted an
ever lighter bike that I could go faster on. Components, especially wheels,
do enter into the equation when speed is what you are pursuing. And of
course lighter frames matter enormously.

However, with my recumbents I was not so much into speed. The different
configurations of the frames themselves is what intrigued me and I got them
primarily for that reason. Some of my recumbents I got for next to nothing
as they were used ones that others wanted to get rid of. But the recumbents
I paid top dollar for were gotten because of their frame differences. I
never paid any attention at all to the components on my recumbents -
provided they worked.

What is really funny is that most recumbent manufacturers do not give you
very good components anyway, no matter the cost. I have never upgraded a
recumbent. I even have recumbents that I classify as Klunker ReKumbents
which are ideal for doing errands around town.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota