Watch out

Old March 5th 07, 06:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default Watch out

wrote:

Your in Colorado ...good with a 22 ... here's your new sport.

http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/forms/categories.html

If the other part of the biathlon was on a bike, yes. As stated earlier
last month, I will not even attempt to XC ski ever again. Those damn
skinny sticks were just not for me.

One thing that amazes me about that sport though is that they can even
get good accuracy while breathing hard from the skiing. Your adrenalin
is pumping more than a cop in a chase.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 5th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
wrote:

Your in Colorado ...good with a 22 ... here's your new sport.

http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/forms/categories.html

If the other part of the biathlon was on a bike, yes. As stated earlier
last month, I will not even attempt to XC ski ever again. Those damn
skinny sticks were just not for me.

One thing that amazes me about that sport though is that they can even
get good accuracy while breathing hard from the skiing. Your adrenalin
is pumping more than a cop in a chase.

Yeah, it's actually a pretty neat sport and I don't really even like
guns. The control required to go from maxed cardio to making a good shot
is huge. The athletes use a lot of biofeedback training to lower their
heart rates using thought.
If I was going to do a gun sport, that would be it for sure.

Maybe I'll invent a new version that uses sling shots and requires the
skier to make good powder turns too. That would be right up my alley.

Matt
Old March 5th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

wrote:
On Mar 2, 10:28 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
David W wrote:
"Slack" wrote in message
news On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:44:41 -0800, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:
Slack wrote:
My gut told something was wrong after I placed my bid, fortunately
the thieves are getting so damn greedy and bold they're actually
placing reserve prices on their auctions -- dumb asses!
--Slack
I've given up on eBay for both selling and buying. Too many crooks and
too expensive. I only use craigslist and local transactions. I also
pick a meeting place for the exchange at a bank or in front of the
police station.
I've never looked at craiglist before. Maybe I'll check it out.
I'm waiting for my carry permit to be approved and then I'll conduct
transactions anywhere along with my new friend... Mr. Glock
:-) A Glock is the only gun I've been able to shoot straight.
--
Slack
My personal favorite.

I can't believe how light the thing is. I was a pretty good shot with a
.38, a marksman at 150 yards with a .22 rifle (my dad taught me when I
was 8),

Your in Colorado ...good with a 22 ... here's your new sport.

http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/forms/categories.html

I had a mtn bike friend who wondered off into the hills of the northern
sierra nevada and I lost touch with him but long ago before he did he
was doing biahtlons. He was a good skier and marksman but they also did
summer training of running and shooting, he tried to get the organizers
to do bike and shoot but I don't know if they ever did.

Greg
--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
Old March 5th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Mar 5, 1:40 pm, MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Matt- Hide quoted text -

You guys should come out to NYC, where, at times, riding a bike is a
mixed martial art.

/s

Old March 5th 07, 10:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

Oh, just come out with it. You didn't buy the gun to protect your
pets. You wrote the post to let somebody know you were packing heat.
You would have been better off just writing, "I HAVE A GUN!"

/s

Did Shaun let the cat out of the bag?

Huh? You ever try to bag a cat? Let alone a mountain lion :-)

Actually, having a gun in Colorado isn't a bad idea. This is the state
that brought you a guy who armored a bulldozer and busted up a town,
Klebold and Harris, James Dobson, and we let Ted Bundy escape from jail
*twice*. Lots of cooks hide in them thar hills, and sometimes they come
to town. Right Gary? ;-)

Shawn
"I swear that I don't have a gun..."
Old March 5th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Shawn wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

Oh, just come out with it. You didn't buy the gun to protect your
pets. You wrote the post to let somebody know you were packing heat.
You would have been better off just writing, "I HAVE A GUN!"

/s

Did Shaun let the cat out of the bag?

Huh? You ever try to bag a cat? Let alone a mountain lion :-)

Actually, having a gun in Colorado isn't a bad idea. This is the state
that brought you a guy who armored a bulldozer and busted up a town,
Klebold and Harris, James Dobson, and we let Ted Bundy escape from jail
*twice*. Lots of cooks hide in them thar hills, and sometimes they come
to town. Right Gary? ;-)

Don't forget they also passed the "Make My Day" law. Maybe I should get
a .44?

Shawn
"I swear that I don't have a gun..."

Great Nirvana reference! Gonna be doing that one with the band.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 6th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Marty

"isthisane" wrote in message
nk.net...
What is with this gun crazy, macho posturing, gun-toting thread? You are
beginning to make that Mike Vandeman guy sound like a man of reason.
Isn't there an "I love my semi automatic killing machine" newsgroup which
praises Ted Nugent and Charlton Heston that you can subscribe to? Has
George Bush being an alleged mountain biker been that bad of an influence?

Did somebody squeeze your head? I was wondering where all the crap came
from................

Marty

Old March 6th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
wizardB

Your in Colorado ...good with a 22 ... here's your new sport.

http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/forms/categories.html

Better yet a biathlon on MB
Old March 6th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Mar 5, 10:44 pm, wizardB wrote:
Your in Colorado ...good with a 22 ... here's your new sport.

http://www.coloradobiathlon.org/forms/categories.html

Better yet a biathlon on MB

We have those here in the summer. Actually we have both running and
cycling biathlons. Problem is, as with winter biathlon, it is hard to
find a shooter who can run or ride. The local small bore coach prefers
to take good runners/riders and teach them to shoot ... seems easier
than teaching a shooter to ride.

That said the equipment for competition can be a bit steep. This ain't
your daddy's 22 (unless your daddy is ...say Lones Wigger). At one
point in my career I had the great (dis) pleasure of shooting a match
with Lones. I had come to the cometition to shoot Highpower, but the
small bore match had an open slot that needed to be filled so I was
assigned to shoot a two day comp .... 150 rounds each section, all
shot prone. First day with iron sights, second day with scope. The
first day I shot an 1150, with an Anschutz 64R loaned to me by the
match organizer ... no anemometer ...no flags. Not that it would have
mattered. A ~62 year old Lones Wigger, shot a 1500 with 98x on iron
sights. Hell, I was walked by one of the two juniors he was coaching,
and IIRC he kept the other kid from shooting the next day as
punishment for "poor performance." Kinda went to show that small bore
wasn't my thing.

Actually, my wife shot both rounds better than I did ... kind of a
great part of the sport ... men and women competing in the same event.

I only punch holes in paper.

Old March 6th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 6, 8:59 am, wrote:
That said the equipment for competition can be a bit steep. This ain't
your daddy's 22 (unless your daddy is ...say Lones Wigger).

Nice Deena Wigger reference.

Up and coming Olympic hopeful Simeon Hamilton is the USA's next big
chance at medaling.

JD