Are there any videos of just riding around?

Old August 1st 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

Default Are there any videos of just riding around?

Not vids of tricks or anything, I just want some videos of unicyclists
riding around on streets. . . stopping, idling, turning, etc. I guess
I mostly want ssomething to shoot for as far as balance goes; should I
just take the arm waving as a fact of unicycling, or try to gain enough
balance to hold on to the handle when riding? Is it hard to get to that
point?

--
Sgaterboy
Sgaterboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12724

Old August 1st 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cwsperaw

Did you just start riding?

--
cwsperaw

CASEY
cwsperaw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12806

Old August 1st 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

cwsperaw wrote:
Did you just start riding?

I just recently got good enough to go over 150 feet. I've been riding
for five days or so. I can mount against an obstacle 100%, and havent
tried freemounting yet. I'm wobbly and wavy. so, yes, I just started
:-D I went about 500 feet today without a UPD

Old August 1st 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cwsperaw

If you can wait until tomorrow, I can make a video of some basics like
riding around,turning,idling and things like that.

Old August 1st 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

cwsperaw wrote:
If you can wait until tomorrow, I can make a video of some basics like
riding around,turning,idling and things like that.

that would be great. any others from other people would be awesome, I
really appreciate it!
A plus for you is: in a year, you can make another video and compare
the two to measure your progress :-D

Old August 1st 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cwsperaw

I ride fine, I may not know bunches of tricks but I can ride just
fine.Basic tricks for me.

Old August 1st 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spudman

Sgaterboy wrote:
should I just take the arm waving as a fact of unicycling, or try to
gain enough balance to hold on to the handle when riding? Is it hard to
get to that point?

Accept the wavy-arms thing for now. After you unicycle for a while
(several weeks/months or so) that goes away. I can ride with my hands
in my pockets.

--
Spudman

*Send PM to link a dot*
'_•_' (www.cathodecorner.com) • • • • '_•_'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_page) • • • • • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.pandora.com/) • • • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.barefoothippie.com/) • '_•_' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
• • '_•_' (http://www.purepwnage.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.gkko.com/) • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.longnow.org/projects/clock/prototype1/) • • • • • • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.superhandz.com/sportz/penspinning.html) • •
• • • • '_•_' (http://www.unicyclist.com/?page=donate) • • '_•_'
(http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/building.htm) • • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://funnyjunk.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.myspace.com/jerrick_crites) • • • •
'_•_' (http://www.xanga.com/monkeyman305ab) '_•_'
(http://www.cowabduction.com/) • • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.jonnypeacock.com/) • • • • • '_•_'
(http://www.southparkstudios.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.teagames.com/) • • • • • • • • '_•_' (www.google.com)
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Old August 1st 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patmoore

Sgaterboy wrote:
Not vids of tricks or anything, I just want some videos of unicyclists
riding around on streets. . . stopping, idling, turning, etc.

Is 'this ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g...Id=201780)what
you had in mind?

--
patmoore

MY GALLERY (\"HTTP://TINYURL.COM/MHCHU\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
patmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7356

Old August 1st 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sgaterboy

patmoore wrote:
Is 'this ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g...Id=201780)what you
had in mind?

exactly that. but as many more as possible. . . I learn best when i
see lots of people doing similar things :-D thanks for the link!

Old August 1st 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Spudman wrote:
Accept the wavy-arms thing for now. After you unicycle for a while
(several weeks/months or so) that goes away. I can ride with my hands
in my pockets.

Level 10.5 for the win!

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

iridemymuni wrote:

yeah but see the thing is the tree knows theres a tape recorder there
and wont fall down.

dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900