Cyclist in accident drives off

Old August 18th 08, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Squashme wrote:

JNugent wrote:
A.C.P.Crawshaw wrote:
nully wrote:

So Paul, are you saying that a dog walker on the path has a 'duty of
care' to watch for cyclists moving faster than him, and to 'make way'
(for want of a better phrase) if one comes along?

Would you expect a group of walkers on a narrow country road to give way
when you come up behind them in your car?

Yes, eventually.

"There I was mountaineering walking along this narrow ledge in the
Alps when all of a sudden I came face to face with this gorgeous
blonde, I didn't know whether to block her passage or toss meself off"

That got Max Miller banned from the BBC for 5 years, allegedly.
There'll never be another

:-)

I think his answer was something like "You're ten years and £100,000 too
late".
Old August 19th 08, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Luton[_2_]

nully wrote:
Paul Luton wrote:
nully wrote:

So Paul, are you saying that a dog walker on the path has a 'duty of
care' to watch for cyclists moving faster than him, and to 'make way'
(for want of a better phrase) if one comes along? I'm only asking for
clarification here - if thats *not* your point then I do apologise
and would love your correction

No; assuming that the shared use path is wide enough to allow users to
pass each other safely then dogs should be kept close in and
preferably on the outside purely as a matter of consideration for others.

But what happens when the path *isn't* wide enough?

In my case slow right down and ask to pass where sensible. Campaign for
wider paths.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames