Today's ride

Old February 2nd 04, 12:28 AM
Tim Hall

Default Today's ride

I'm not getting as much cycling these days as I'd like, and have to
really make the time to get out.

So this afternoon I managed to set off on my fixer, just as it was
getting dark and the rain was starting. No plan in mind, just go out
for an hour or so. The rain started coming down harder after the
first few kilometres. It was then I realised I'd forgotten to put my
neoprene overshoes on. Bum. Never mind, a slight tail wind made the
riding easy. Zip up past Gatwick on the A23 and then peeled off onto
some lanes. Raining even harder, ******* motorists who don't dip
their lights, it _still_ felt good. Feet by now were absolutely
soaking and my waterproof turned out not to be. By now I'm back in
town and had a close call at a roundabout as a dozy motorist didn't
see me. Then I go round a corner and something feels wrong - at first
I thought the back end had stepped out so I carried on. Then I
realised the front tyre was flat. Bum. Only 1k from home so I walked
it rather than fix it.

Back home, wet, happy.

I like cycling.

Tim
Old February 2nd 04, 12:04 PM
Tony W

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm not getting as much cycling these days as I'd like, and have to
really make the time to get out.

snip

Back home, wet, happy.

I like cycling.

Strange how sometimes a ride is fantastic when any sane person would
consider you mad to be out.

I love cycling in heavy rain -- don't know why but its always so relaxing!!

Old February 2nd 04, 03:49 PM
Lee

"Tony W" wrote in message

Strange how sometimes a ride is fantastic when any sane person would
consider you mad to be out.

I love cycling in heavy rain -- don't know why but its always so

relaxing!!

Ditto on the rain thing - just recently noticed that i actually prefer to
ride in the rain.

Weird I am!

Old February 2nd 04, 09:54 PM
pineapple

It's a fantastic feeling. Shame about all the gunk that gets in you
bike though

-

Old February 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
Richard Goodman

"Lee" gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverym uch.btinternet.com
wrote in message ...

Ditto on the rain thing - just recently noticed that i actually prefer to
ride in the rain.

Weird I am!

Well, you said it. I agree - you are ;-).

Rich

Old February 3rd 04, 12:21 AM
\(t'other\) Dave

wrote in message ...

"Tony W" wrote in message

Strange how sometimes a ride is fantastic when any sane person would
consider you mad to be out.

I love cycling in heavy rain -- don't know why but its always so

relaxing!!

Ditto on the rain thing - just recently noticed that i actually prefer to
ride in the rain.

Weird I am!

Wonder if it's got anything to do with all the negative ions released from
running water that excite the cilia in your throat, clearing all the gunk
out alowing more oxygen in ?....
(could be a load of old dogsdoos, memory ain't what it was when I originally
heard that 'nearly-fact')
Cheers,
Dave.
- don't mind the rain, it's just the metal corroding salt they put in it
over the last couple of weeks!! -

Old February 3rd 04, 11:45 AM
j-p.s

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:49:59 -0000, Lee wrote:
) Ditto on the rain thing - just recently noticed that i actually prefer to
) ride in the rain.

Riding into work in the rain yesterday was absolutely bloody awful. After
overtightening my cones a few weeks ago I was certain I must've scoured a
new rim on my back wheel, and that was slowing me down as much as the
rain. I was dreading the evening.

Riding home in similar drizzle, however, was a pleasure. Either I was
aided by having the wind behind me, or I was just so glad that the
stressful day I'd predicted was finally over....

J-P
--
Controversial gargling gonk millionaire Björk warns that a new ice age is
far from inevitable in her latest video, Me So Pingu

Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 57 December 3rd 03 04:23 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM