Trainer Vibration

Old January 11th 05, 01:49 AM

Default Trainer Vibration

I was a winter rider until several nasty spills on ice five years ago
caused me to reconsider. Since then, I've been using a CycleOPs fluid
trainer for those thrilling indoor winter "rides". Despite some of the
negative reviews I heard about this trainer, I've always found it
reliable and reasonably quiet. While I haven't noticed any difference,
my new downstairs neighbor is starting to complain about vibration
while I'm riding.

The trainer is set up on a thick padded carpet which helps eliminate
any slippage while riding. And yes, I do have a slick on the back.
Does anyone have any recommendations for reducing or eliminating
vibration? Or do I have to eliminate the neighbor?

BTW, excellent newsgroup. I've been lurking for several months,
enjoying the information and ride reports. Keep up the good work.
Thanks,
Tony

Old January 13th 05, 08:29 PM

JD tells it like it is.