Anyone freeride in Alabama? No post

Old November 6th 03, 12:21 AM
Adam Walton

Default Anyone freeride in Alabama? No post

np
--
Adam Walton

Old November 6th 03, 12:40 AM
MPD Blue

tell me where and I'll come for a ride.

John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Old November 6th 03, 02:52 PM
Andrew Thorne

Where are you in Alabama? As I guess you've already discovered, there's not
much of a culture of technical riding around here. Oak Mt is a race track (a
very fun one, but not exactly tricky).

The steepest stuff I've found in the greater B'ham area are some the side loops
and spurs off the dirt bike trails behind the stadium in Hoover - they connect
all the way back to Helena. Most of what's back there you could clean in a
Buick, but there are a couple of very steep drop/roll-offs to be found if
you're willing to poke around for a while.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Old November 6th 03, 07:32 PM
Dave W

Where are you in Alabama? As I guess you've already discovered,
there's not much of a culture of technical riding around here. Oak Mt
is a race track (a very fun one, but not exactly tricky).

The steepest stuff I've found in the greater B'ham area are some the
side loops and spurs off the dirt bike trails behind the stadium in
Hoover - they connect all the way back to Helena. Most of what's back
there you could clean in a Buick, but there are a couple of very steep
drop/roll-offs to be found if you're willing to poke around for a
while.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Might I suggest a run to N. Georgia then...even Rome (Berry College trails)
Old November 6th 03, 07:50 PM
Andrew Thorne

Might I suggest a run to N. Georgia then...even Rome (Berry College trails)

Tell me more....

-Andrew
Old November 6th 03, 09:35 PM
Dave W

Might I suggest a run to N. Georgia then...even Rome (Berry College)
trails)

Tell me more....

-Andrew

Check out Sorba.org. they have been very busy lately adding on to some
already amazing existing trails, as well as some new runs. I've had the
opportunity to ride a few of them, but no where near all of them. Pay heed
to the trail closures due to hunting season. I'd recommend Bull mountain
for some pretty good technical riding. But there are tons of others...

Dave (stuck riding the hybrid for a few weeks
Old November 6th 03, 10:02 PM
Adam Walton

I'm from Helena. Do you know where in Helena the motorcycle tracks connect?
I've been to the Hoover track but not with a bike.

Old November 7th 03, 02:39 PM
Andrew Thorne

Check out Sorba.org. they have been very busy lately adding on to some
already amazing existing trails, as well as some new runs. I've had the
opportunity to ride a few of them, but no where near all of them. Pay heed
to the trail closures due to hunting season. I'd recommend Bull mountain
for some pretty good technical riding. But there are tons of others...

I'll add it to my list. Many thanks.

-A
Old November 7th 03, 02:45 PM
Andrew Thorne

I'm from Helena. Do you know where in Helena the motorcycle tracks connect?
I've been to the Hoover track but not with a bike.

You can connect up by taking Elvira Rd (off Morgan Rd). Where Elvira hits the
train tracks, you're in.

I'm sure there are other points where it connects with roads, but I don't know
what they're called since I always ride in from the end of Stadium Trace in
Trace Crossings.

Do you ever ride the Cahaba River Wildlife Management Area? Is there any
singletrack in there?

Cheers,

-Andrew
Old November 8th 03, 05:44 AM
Adam Walton

You can connect up by taking Elvira Rd (off Morgan Rd). Where Elvira hits
the
train tracks, you're in.

I'm sure there are other points where it connects with roads, but I don't
know
what they're called since I always ride in from the end of Stadium Trace in
Trace Crossings.

Do you ever ride the Cahaba River Wildlife Management Area? Is there any
singletrack in there?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Thanks. I've never ridden there. The only place i've really ridden is oak
mountain on their trails and BMX tracks.