Eating roadkill

Old July 24th 14, 08:08 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

Default Eating roadkill

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:55:57 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 23/07/2014 14:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:06:06 +0100, AndyW wrote:

Is a bicycle a vehicle?

Of course it is by almost any sane definition of the word. Why not have
a look at the web and find out for yourself?

How about roller skates? How far will you go before it's not a vehicle?

Look up the definition of vehicle.
Do roller skates fit in with the definition?
If so then you cannot use them whilst shooting -although you would have
to be quite insane to go deer stalking on rollerskates

Try doing it yourself; I am not your personal Google monkey.

"A mobile machine that transports passengers or cargo", which would include almost anything. Definitely a skateboard or roller skates, possibly a shoe (if you can call that a machine as there are no moving parts). There's no clear dividing line.

--
Mary had a little skirt
With slits right up the sides

Mary had another skirt
With a slit right up the front
She never wore that one...
Old July 24th 14, 08:44 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Fritz Wuehler[_10_]

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:57:36 +0100, John Kennerson wrote:

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:16:27 +0100, Anonymous wrote:

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:06:06 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 23/07/2014 07:50, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:10:10 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 20:46, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

Is it a vehicle?
Is is moving?
If the answer to both above is yes then it is illegal.

Deer act Scotland (1996) says
Any person who discharges any firearm, or discharges or projects any
missile, from any moving vehicle at any deer shall be guilty of an
offence.

Is a bicycle a vehicle?

Of course it is by almost any sane definition of the word. Why not have
a look at the web and find out for yourself?

How about roller skates? How far will you go before it's not a vehicle?

http://glosbe.com/en/gd/bicycle

wait for the new government to find oot aboot roller skates

I'm glad I don't speak Garlic.

I bet scots people like you for pointing things and shout loudly,
ha ha, stupid scots

At least I could write that sentence properly.

before you fell over for a living, possibly

Old July 24th 14, 09:01 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 08:44:14 +0100, Fritz Wuehler wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote:

[...]

B, capital B. And you missed the dot on the end.

--
An English woman who has been blind for 26 years got her sight back after suffering a heart attack.
Unfortunately, after she was able to see her doctors bill she had several more heart attacks.
Old July 24th 14, 10:14 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

On 24/07/2014 08:08, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:55:57 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 23/07/2014 14:01, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:06:06 +0100, AndyW wrote:

Is a bicycle a vehicle?

Of course it is by almost any sane definition of the word. Why not have
a look at the web and find out for yourself?

How about roller skates? How far will you go before it's not a vehicle?

Look up the definition of vehicle.
Do roller skates fit in with the definition?
If so then you cannot use them whilst shooting -although you would have
to be quite insane to go deer stalking on rollerskates

Try doing it yourself; I am not your personal Google monkey.

"A mobile machine that transports passengers or cargo", which would
include almost anything. Definitely a skateboard or roller skates,
possibly a shoe (if you can call that a machine as there are no moving
parts). There's no clear dividing line.

In the real world you are looking at trucks, cars, quad bikes,
tractors, some track laying all terrain vehicles and aircraft.

Bicycles, (and motor bikes), roller skates, pogo sticks etc are so
impractical as to be not worth discussing from an aiming perspective.
Getting a clean shot from a moving bike on estate roads is just not
possible (and we are not even looking at the consequences of the recoil)
and even getting a roller skate to move when the 'gravel' that litters
the road is the size of your thumb is impossible.

We are into the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin territory
here.

In law there is often no clear dividing line, you need judges to set the
line in case law and since nobody has hunted deer from a moving space
hopper then there is no line set.
Maybe after some surrealistic stalkers go hunting on unicycles and get
arrested we will have an answer but until then we must remain in
questing ignorance...

I will continue to go on foot to shoot deer wearing my non-vehicular
boots (that's me wearing the boots - not the deer).

Andy
Old July 24th 14, 11:02 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Nomen Nescio

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ainers-wheels-
damaging-childrens-health.html

idiot, you couldn't see a line unless it was white on a mirrored
background

Old July 24th 14, 11:06 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Anonymous Remailer (austria)

"Uncle Peter" wrote:

[...]

endlessly changing the subjct when you know you've lost the
argument makes you look a fool

I've included a spelling mistake.

why don't u write a message telling us all about that?

Uncle Peter fell over for a living

I think it is drink that does it now

Old July 24th 14, 11:56 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Ophelia[_4_]

"AndyW" wrote in message
[...]

What! No pogo stick???? I am so disappointed ;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old July 24th 14, 02:40 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Anonymous

In article
"Ophelia" wrote:

"John Kennerson" wrote in message
s...
In article
"Ophelia" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in message
anoici.org...

wrote:

[...]

lol

You may laugh but I've tried bicycles and roller skates with my
lass but she disnae like them. It's another Munro this weekend and
I'm expected to find the hidey hole

So yer awa up there on yer roller skates ???

No, it's on foot. I have to find a place to have sex that is
unlikely to be seen and doesn't include bed at home or hotel or B&B.

I think it is the risk of being caught that excites her.

If the hidey hole is very good she goes of th boil, if it is too
exposed she won't even snog.

All a bit strange