Join the Kreepy Krygo Kiss Krygo's Keester Klub today!

Old November 15th 10, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Join the Kreepy Krygo Kiss Krygo's Keester Klub today!

On Nov 15, 3:18*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Nov 14, 6:40*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Nov 14, 4:42*pm, James wrote:

On Nov 13, 11:01*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Do you doubt
that racers are stronger on average than in (say) 1965? Do you imagine
there have been no improvements in training techniques, in nutrition,
in understanding of the human body regarding racing since 1965? *If
that's true, there is an army of researchers who have utterly failed
in their jobs! *I think coaches and (especially) top racers know a lot
more now than they did in '65, even if we pretend there is no doping
going on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_d...stive_question

Actually Francis, let me interject that I also have no doubt that the
bikes have improved, but you can't allow that assumption to be true,
can you? In fact you have assumed the opposite in order to "prove" the
opposite.

The articles in that issue of Bicycling Quarterly compared two bike
races to data from running races ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_a...ki/Pro_hominem

*The Milan-San
Remo data showed no increasing speed trend, only random variation,
since 1965, when run over essentially the same course.
It seems implausible, at best, to say the changes in bikes are
tremendously important if there's no evidence of such in race
results. *(But see below, James. *Maybe you can find evidence?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spuriou..._the_goalposts

If not relevant, send the specs of your touring bike and
have a team race that instead.

Hmm. *Sounds like you didn't find any evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_b...ental_language

It seems like what you'd need is a good collection of data points that
show that when racers adopt lighter wheelsets, their percentage of
wins in races increases significantly. *And it seems _some_ wheel
manufacturer would be interested in collecting that data, to help
sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaningless_statement

If you don't have such, you're in the position of saying my data is
invalid, but providing no countering data of your own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful...tivist_fallacy

[Note: Frannie - YOU were the one with a hypothesis]

Please find where I said "..that lighter wheels lead to a
_significantly_ greater chance of winning".

OK, if you're saying that lighter wheels provide only an
_insignificantly_ greater chance of winning, then we're finally in
agreement!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_m...less_statement

- Francis Kygowskihttp://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/****tard

Frannie, *what faculty members shall we check with for peer review?
I'm thinking the logic instructors should also be made aware that some
profs at Youngstown State probably need some remedial work on the
basics. It reflects poorly on an academic institution when its profs
act uneducated.

But I suppose they can take some pride in having a WORLD CLASS expert
and model for logical fallacies.

DR

Hey, Mr Roadie, are we to understand that you don't like Frank
Krygowski? Whyever not? Kreepy is no worse than lots of stupid, self-
important ponces on the internet. And at least Krygo is our stupid,
self-important ponce.

Andre Jute
Boss ****-stirrer
Old November 15th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bare_assertion_fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overwhelming_consensus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurious_relationship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If-by-whiskey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggestive_question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_attribution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurious_relationship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_hominem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incomplete_comparison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_probability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgmental_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful...ogical_fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativist_fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_(disambiguation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaningless_statement

- Francis Kygowski
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/****tard

Frannie, what faculty members shall we check with for peer review?
I'm thinking the logic instructors should also be made aware that some
profs at Youngstown State probably need some remedial work on the
basics. It reflects poorly on an academic institution when its profs
act uneducated.

But I suppose they can take some pride in having a WORLD CLASS expert
and model for logical fallacies.

DR

Hey, Mr Roadie, are we to understand that you don't like Frank
Krygowski? Whyever not? Kreepy is no worse than lots of stupid, self-
important ponces on the internet. And at least Krygo is our stupid,
self-important ponce.

No, don't be silly. "Liking" has no business being discussed here.
This is a technical discussion group.
Francis was kind enough to offer examples of his mastery of "logical
fallacies,"
and I understood that to mean that he fully intended those to be
shared with the group as such,
especially since logic forms the basis of critical thinking in the
"science" that Francis is so fond of.

We may have to follow up with full peer review, although it remains
unclear who his peers may be.
Nobody here has stepped forward to assume that role and no other
parties have been found who will admit knowing him.
DR

Although Frank claims God, Gandhi, Buddah, Allah

Old November 15th 10, 09:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default We have our replacement for "jim beam"

On 11/15/2010 12:28 AM, DirtRoadie WHO? ANONYMOUSLY SNIPES:
[...]

No, don't be silly. "Liking" has no business being discussed here.
This is a technical discussion group.

A lot like what "jim beam" used to write.

Francis was kind enough to offer examples of his mastery of "logical
fallacies,"
and I understood that to mean that he fully intended those to be
shared with the group as such,
especially since logic forms the basis of critical thinking in the
"science" that Francis is so fond of.

We may have to follow up with full peer review, although it remains
unclear who his peers may be.

Who is "we" - "DirtRoadie" and The André Jute?

[blah, blah, blah snipped]

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Old November 15th 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Old November 16th 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

jim beam has moved on to bigger and better things, I accidentally saw
some recent-appearing posts from him in an automotive newsgroup.

--
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
Old November 16th 10, 06:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On Nov 15, 3:27*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute
Boss ****-stirrer

Afraid someone might knock you off the top branch?

JS
Old November 16th 10, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default FREE RIBBED PROPHYLACTICS FOR GRIP

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/200...ridge-of-utah/
Old November 16th 10, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 16, 5:54*am, James wrote:
On Nov 15, 3:27*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute
Boss ****-stirrer

Afraidsomeonemightknockyouoffthetopbranch?

JS

High time someone showed some balls around here. Are you volunteering?
-- AJ
Old November 16th 10, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 11/16/2010 12:34 AM, kolldata aka AVOGADRO V wrote:
http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/200...ridge-of-utah/

Good to see the moose using protection.

Old November 16th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article
,

****-stirrers stand at the bottom of the tree so they can wallow in the
****. Just where "Andre" likes to be.

--
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.