Rigid vs. Suspension SS

Old August 11th 03, 01:02 AM
John Spann

Default Rigid vs. Suspension SS

Ok, so I have this single speed. I've been riding it for about 4-5 years
and walking it up some hills for about 1% of the time (ok, not a very
good number but it sounds good) and has been rigid for 3.5-4.5 of those
years. I can't really remember when the the Judy Race blew a seal so
it's still a guess. As luck(?) would have it, I was walking to the
grocery store with my wife the other day and what do I come across? A
Z1. Yes, that's correct. In the yard of a building under construction on
7th st. just north of McDowell. Anyone own it? Good. Didn't think so.
One stanchion is slightly ovalized but there is no leakage to be seen.
As it is, I have bent the brake post on my ridig fork after a quite
enjoyable and fun filled ride at South Moutain. OK, so would I be
ruining my SS reputation and rigid experience if I switched out my steel
fork for a suspension fork? Would I end up becoming less than cool? I
need post-discovery approval for installing this fork on my Voodoo.
Thanks for any insight you righteous folks can provide.

John "once was lost but now I'm found" Spann

Old August 11th 03, 01:11 AM
Zilla

Why the f-ck do you care what people think of what you do with "your"
bike? It's your ride!!!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old August 11th 03, 01:22 AM
Slacker

[...]

Welcome home!! Now, we just just to get your rear in gear.
--
Slacker

Old August 11th 03, 01:49 AM
voodoo

"John Spann" wrote in message

I need post-discovery approval for installing this fork

I guess the first step is indeed admiting it.

on my Voodoo.

I like you already.

John, like the other guy said already, it's your bike.

Old August 11th 03, 04:21 AM
miles todd

John Spann wrote:
[...]

I ran rigid for a while. Mainly just to remember what precision
steering was like (it has been so very long).
I got over it. However, Granny Gear has just instituted a "SS Rigid"
category, so I'm going to have to get a good rigid fork before April
rolls around...

Any of you English have any connections at Pace?

Miles

Old August 12th 03, 02:38 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:02:46 -0700, John Spann wrote:

[snip blasphemy]

John "once was lost but now I'm found" Spann

R U NUTS?!

Peace,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]

How Would Suspension Help? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 23 July 28th 04 04:51 AM
Who sells MTB's not made for suspension forks? Mike Beauchamp General 8 June 28th 04 01:27 PM
Front suspension KLydesdale Mountain Biking 2 July 11th 03 05:27 AM
Front suspension rh Mountain Biking 3 July 10th 03 04:01 PM
Rigid Forks, doesn't like suspension. Shaun Rimmer Mountain Biking 6 July 8th 03 12:34 PM