Rate 'em

Old April 19th 04, 03:13 AM
darchibald

Default Rate 'em

Which trials uni is best and why, (if you have reasons)?

Onza
KH20
QU-AX
Nimbus

All are 20'. I'm looking to buy one but don't know which. Feel free to
suggest any alternatives.

--
darchibald
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old April 19th 04, 04:13 AM
gerblefranklin

Onza makes a 20 foot trials uni now!? I want one!

Seriously:
Onza's are fine, but KH's are great. I don't know about QU-AX, but
nimbus is a fine starter trials uni.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

Old April 19th 04, 08:20 PM
darchibald

I always get feet and inches mixed up. But I'll remember now. anyway
thanks for the reply. I was thinking Onza or KH but wasn't sure if it
was this years Kh or last years Kh that wripped up your ankles. Do you
or anybody know.

David

thanks for the reply.

Old April 19th 04, 08:37 PM
duaner

Last years.

If I'm not mistaken, Darren Bedford now sells a "fix" to last year's
crank nub problem. (The problem is also non-existent if you don't mind
wearing hi-top shoes. Personally, I wear the high-tops just because I
want a little extra ankle support; the ankle/nub protection is a side
benefit).

--
duaner - -

duaner.
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Old April 19th 04, 08:58 PM
darchibald

Is this KH model last years or this years?

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/kh20d.jpg

I'm not sure.

David

Old April 20th 04, 01:43 AM
gerblefranklin

Cute puppy!!!

As for the uni, it doesn't look that bad it's self. I can't tell about
the nubs, but when you order it, just ask them to make sure they ship
one without any nubs on the cranks, it's simple.

Old April 20th 04, 02:41 AM
darchibald

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks. That sounds perfect.

Thanks again

David

Old April 21st 04, 12:17 PM
pluto

Cute puppy!!!

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but it's not real...

Anyway, Onza's are nice and feel nice and light and still are quite wide
(which some like),

QU-AX, i know people who find the frames too wide but I love my
wheelset, think it's gotta be not too far off profile for strength and a
lot cheaper.

Nimbus is very good beginer trials uni but are pretty easy to bend/break
so if u have the money go for onbe of the others.

KH's are very nice, the frames nice (and has quite a low crown-good for
coasting and one footed etc.) but i dont think the hubs are as strong
and tend to make a lot of noise.
hope this helps you make your decision.
Aaron

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

www.freeborn.co.uk

www.cumbriamuni.com

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

Old April 21st 04, 07:12 PM
darchibald

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I think I'll go with the Onza.

Thanks again
David