second and third mounts

Old November 29th 04, 09:04 PM
phlegm

Default second and third mounts

I've been looking at the 'skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/), and I realized that I'm not too
far from accomplishing level 3 (now beginning my 5th week of riding!
). Could I get some suggestions for second and third 'mounts'
(http://www.unicycling.org/unicycling/mounts/) to learn? I'm not sure
where to start.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old November 29th 04, 09:16 PM
darchibald

Mount with left foot and mount with right foot coount as two I think.

David

--
darchibald - Trials and Street rider

"Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond." - Ferris Bueller
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old November 29th 04, 09:16 PM
hecklar

I learned them in this order:
1. Static mount (and roll-back mount) with strong foot
2. Side mount
3. Jump mount
4. Static mount (and roll-back mount) with weak foot
5. Rolling mount

They are all reasonably easy though, so you can learn them in any order.
The jump mount is a lot easier than you think it is. I'm sure it will
take you about 30 seconds to learn. If you are too scared, put the
front of the wheel against a curb so that it doesn't roll forward when
you go to jump. Make sure the pedals are horizontal and jump. Easy.

--
hecklar - Slightly-skilled Unicyclist
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

Old November 29th 04, 09:30 PM
UniBrier

darchibald wrote:
*Mount with left foot and mount with right foot coount as two I
think.*

From the USA site:
For Level 3 and above, riders may not count their dominant and
non-dominant side as different mounts.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C.
S. Lewis

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old November 29th 04, 09:45 PM
johnfoss

The general idea for skill levels, is that the dominant foot represents
level 1, and the non-dominant foot can be used for level 2. After that
your mounts have to be significantly different variations of each other,
or completely different mounts, to count. Also, static and rollback
mounts both count as "regular" or "standard" mounts. The next one I'd
recommend learning after that is a side mount.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old November 30th 04, 07:50 AM
lleberg

But..

Are you level three, when you have made level two done?
I thought you were level two when you had made all the things in level
two untill you progressed to level three.

--
lleberg - Aaaaaaallmost level 3.

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old November 30th 04, 09:11 AM
Tim

lleberg wrote:
*But..

Are you level three, when you have made level two done?
I thought you were level two when you had made all the things in level
two untill you progressed to level three. *

You have to finish all the skills required in a level so you're not
level 3 untill you complete all the skills in level 3. So when you are
working on level 4 your are still a level 3 going on 4.

--
Tim - Jelly Bean Eater

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

You're not that evil Nick... I think that dog is more evil then you. -
me

"The dog is my apprentice." - Evil-nick
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Old November 30th 04, 10:35 AM
NOIR

a bit off topick but whats the one were you lie the uni on the floor and
put you foot on one of the pedals and your other foot under the saddle
and kick the saddle up and sit on it then place your foot on the pedal
that was previously on the floor?

--
NOIR - t.h.e.m

i'll think of something
NOIR's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5620

Old November 30th 04, 03:10 PM
GILD

NOIR wrote:
*a bit off topick but whats the one were you lie the uni on the floor
and put you foot on one of the pedals and your other foot under the
saddle and kick the saddle up and sit on it then place your foot on
the pedal that was previously on the floor? *

the kick-up mount
learn it as soon as u can
it is the kewlest way of getting on a uni

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
i feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- william h. mauldin
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)