Will my bike be good enough?

Old February 1st 05, 02:27 AM

Default Will my bike be good enough?

I'm thinking about picking up mtn biking. I have a bike my dad bought
me a few years ago that I never really used... and I never really grew
out of it. It's a Trek Mtn Track 240, 24". I'm 20 yrs old, 5', 105 lbs.
Do you guys think it will work for me? I'd be on beginner to
intermediate trails (in a while). Or do I need to look for an adult
model? Thanks!

M.

Old February 1st 05, 04:24 AM

Oh dear. I'm rather new to this groups thing and didn't know how to
cross post. but i've done my googling and figured it out. My apologies.
But thanks for the tip.

Maggs

Old February 2nd 05, 07:46 PM

Yup, the 24" is the wheel size.

Thanks for all the advice, y'all.

I especially enjoyed the "break it and see." ) I guess I wouldn't
have a choice then, would I?
Off to wreak havoc and destruction....

Maggs

Old February 3rd 05, 01:22 AM
Tom Sherman

James Thomson wrote:

"Zog The Undeniable" wrote:

wrote:

I'm thinking about picking up mtn biking. I have a bike my dad bought
me a few years ago that I never really used... and I never really grew
out of it. It's a Trek Mtn Track 240, 24". I'm 20 yrs old, 5', 105 lbs.
Do you guys think it will work for me?

No. A 24" frame is for someone at least 6'2", and that's assuming an
old-school horizontal top tube.

24" _wheels_ , Zog.

ISO 507-mm?

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM
FAQ? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 October 1st 03 01:02 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Considering a Road bike for commuting... good idea? Mike Beauchamp Techniques 95 August 18th 03 11:44 PM