Turned down!

Old August 13th 05, 12:10 AM
jj

Default Turned down!

Well I think I mentioned last week the possibility of getting to ride with
some of the more advanced guys around the Univ. and maybe bringing up my
game and bike handling and stuff, but I'm sad to report I've been turned
down. One of the guys is a local ex-pro now in his mid-forties who just
doesn't think I can ride with him since 'he likes hills and isn't afraid of
traffic'. (Russian guy, rode in the Tour dePont in the 80s.)

Fabrizio was right. sigh

I kid of course, and can hardly blame the guy. Last thing I'd want him to
do is have to baby sit some guy at 12mph over the hills that he's cruising
at twice that speed.

He did seemall ready to ride with me based on where I've ridden and soforth
but when he learned I was 5 or 10 years older than him it was a quick brush
off. That'll teach me to lie about my age, lol.

jj

Old August 13th 05, 12:24 AM
jj

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:10:49 -0400, wrote:

Well I think I mentioned last week the possibility of getting to ride with
some of the more advanced guys around the Univ. and maybe bringing up my
game and bike handling and stuff, but I'm sad to report I've been turned
down. One of the guys is a local ex-pro now in his mid-forties who just
doesn't think I can ride with him since 'he likes hills and isn't afraid of
traffic'. (Russian guy, rode in the Tour dePont in the 80s.)

Fabrizio was right. sigh

I kid of course, and can hardly blame the guy. Last thing I'd want him to
do is have to baby sit some guy at 12mph over the hills that he's cruising
at twice that speed.

He did seemall ready to ride with me based on where I've ridden and soforth
but when he learned I was 5 or 10 years older than him it was a quick brush
off. That'll teach me to lie about my age, lol.

OMG, it's Tour DuPont red face

I was channeling Bobke apparently...;-

jj

Old August 13th 05, 12:21 PM
catzz66

jj wrote:
[...]

You should have channeled Groucho Marx instead...

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."