Bugs

Old May 18th 04, 12:19 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Default Bugs

As the weather turns nice, clouds of midges and gnats are starting to
form. Larger and less clean biological specimens are also air-borne and
thickening.

Remembering - how could I forget - the day on my kick-scooter when I
swallowed a large bluebottle (ah, that savour of rotting melon lingering
at the back of my throat for the rest of the week ...), and being
conscious that on a cycle, one sooner or later ends up opening one's
mouth to breathe, I want to ask you people if there are any standard
solutions.

It occurs to me that I have never seen a cyclist wearing a veil. Why
not?

EFR
Ile de France
(mais non M'dame, ce n'est pas un signe ostenatoire d'appartenance
réligieuse ...)

Old May 18th 04, 12:38 PM
John Hearns

On Tue, 18 May 2004 13:19:06 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

Remembering - how could I forget - the day on my kick-scooter when I
swallowed a large bluebottle

The solution is given in an old cycling song.
And its very environmentally friendly.

There was a Frenchwoman who rode a bike,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly.
Perhaps she'll die.

There was a Frenchwoman who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her,
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.
Old May 18th 04, 02:19 PM
Mark Thompson

Remembering - how could I forget - the day on my kick-scooter when I
swallowed a large bluebottle

The solution is given in an old cycling song.
And its very environmentally friendly.

There was a Frenchwoman who rode a bike,
I don't know why she swallowed a fly.
Perhaps she'll die.

There was a Frenchwoman who swallowed a spider,
That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her,
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly,
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
Perhaps she'll die.

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

If you are going to try this at least wear a cycle helmet.

Yours,

Mark.
Old May 18th 04, 03:07 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Mark Thompson wrote:

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

EFR

Old May 18th 04, 03:44 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:07:43 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli
wrote:

Mark Thompson wrote:

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a
bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

I think one goes in somewhere between the dog and the cow by my reckoning.

Colin

Old May 18th 04, 04:30 PM
Mark Thompson

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a
bird, cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills
her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

Quorn fed - gotta be tasty :-)
Old May 18th 04, 05:50 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Mark Thompson wrote:
Besides, what about vegetarians?

Quorn fed - gotta be tasty :-)

mostly bean fed, sadly. not so tasty. & smelly.
--
david reuteler

Old May 19th 04, 12:04 AM
Claire Petersky

I had the misfortune yesterday of accidentally snorting a gnat up my nose
whilst riding through Chinatown. I'm not sure exactly where it went after
that, probably into my lungs somewhere, because it seemed to cause a sort of
horking cough.

What happens to small beasties that get caught in your lungs like that? I
imagine they get caught in the mucus, and die there. Then what? They
dissolve and are absorbed into the body? Kind of disgusting to contemplate,
eh?

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old May 18th 04, 05:34 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Mark Thompson wrote:

NOOO! Don't do that! In the full version she ends up swallowing a bird,
cat, dog and after some more ends up with a cow which kills her.

Besides, what about vegetarians?

Nah, it's a horse.

I know an old lady who swallowed a horse...she's dead of course
Old May 19th 04, 08:22 AM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Nah, it's a horse.

I know an old lady who swallowed a horse...she's dead of course

But she died of old age....

EFR
Ile de France