Bike computers are great. I did 12 mph for an hour on flat gravel road.

Old March 28th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Bike computers are great. I did 12 mph for an hour on flat gravel road.

I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

Old March 28th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"novice" wrote in message
oups.com...
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

training, lots of training and rare on a mtb. I've managed 19 mph average
for a 23 mile trip when I was in race shape but that was on flat blacktop.
Figured if I had a road bike it would have been closer to 25. Now I'd be
lucky to keep 15 for any distance.

Gary

Old March 29th 06, 12:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

novice wrote:
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

A higher gear.

JD

Old March 29th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

novice wrote:
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

A higher gear.

JD

or shuttle to the top and coast down....

Gary

Old March 29th 06, 01:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Per novice:
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

Tailwind, sprints, and/or downhills.
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 29th 06, 08:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per novice:
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

Tailwind, sprints, and/or downhills.

Or JRA
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 29th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"novice" wrote in message
oups.com...
I dont know how one gets up to 25 mph.

If all you want to see is 25mph on your computer, put 2 magnets on your
wheel

Old March 29th 06, 02:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Per GeeDubb:
training, lots of training and rare on a mtb. I've managed 19 mph average
for a 23 mile trip when I was in race shape but that was on flat blacktop.
Figured if I had a road bike it would have been closer to 25. Now I'd be
lucky to keep 15 for any distance.

I'm with you. On my road bike with 28mm tires, I use to do the 88 miles to
the shore in under four hours every Sunday - and the last 10 miles were usually
upwind into a stiff breeze.

Now, when I've been riding to work for awhile and the weather's warm I do the
12-mile trip in just under an hour.

In my case, I think it's a combination of lack of commitment to riding hard on a
daily basis and plain old age. I don't even *want* to ride that fast anymore.
--
PeteCresswell