Creaking Ksyrium front wheel

Old October 1st 04, 05:55 PM
Dan R H

Default Creaking Ksyrium front wheel

I've got a creaking Ksyrium SL front wheel (about 10,000 miles on it).
Spokes are tight and oiled (a little dab), wheel is true and round. When I
stand out of the saddle, it's creaking like an old rockin' chair. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Old October 1st 04, 08:21 PM
psycholist

"Dan R H" wrote in message
I've got a creaking Ksyrium SL front wheel (about 10,000 miles on it).
Spokes are tight and oiled (a little dab), wheel is true and round. When I
stand out of the saddle, it's creaking like an old rockin' chair. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

grease the skewer and tighten the quick release down more than you are
currently.

Bob C.

Old October 2nd 04, 02:44 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

dan- When I
stand out of the saddle, it's creaking like an old rockin' chair. Any
suggestions? BRBR

Common with this hub. Take it apart, grease under the sealed bearing seals and
grease around the axle, etc...very noisey wheelset.
Also oil where the spokes enter the hub.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old October 2nd 04, 05:32 PM
Dan R H

Thanks, I did this and still it still creaked like a banshee. We ended up
finding three cracks in the rim, just like my rear wheel did three months
ago. These are 2002 wheels. Probably at least 15,000 miles on them. Peter,
do you think these are still under warrantee? My guess is that they are not.

Thanks,

Dan Hertlein

dan- When I

Old October 3rd 04, 02:50 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Dan writes- Thanks, I did this and still it still creaked like a banshee. We
ended up
finding three cracks in the rim, just like my rear wheel did three months
ago. These are 2002 wheels. Probably at least 15,000 miles on them. Peter,
do you think these are still under warrantee? My guess is that they are not.
BRBR

One year warranty and for the price of a rebuild you could get a hand built
wheel. Rim alone is in the $100 range, Spokes are about $3 per, plus labor.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302