Has anyone...

Old June 15th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Has anyone...

Chip, are you lurking around, my rasta brah?

.......exhale YEAH MON! Lurking and wondering where has al the time
gone. Mtbiking since 1990, hard to believe.

Keep riding!

Chip "RastaMTB"

Old June 15th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Kathleen wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

snip
-- There was a time that I felt like the low-wattage child of Kathleen
and Rog. I'm not going to get into it.

!?!?!

seriously weirded out

Kathleen

Maybe I was waxing a little poetic yesterday, when it would have
sufficed to say that you two were my favorite posters.

Apologies.

/s

Old June 15th 06, 02:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:

-- I've seen Mr. Fagerlin make many great contributions to the group.
None have made more of an impression than the infamous fleshy seat
collar bolt. Madre!

I remember him putting Bob Marley's head on my torso -- at least I /think/
it was his head (he might have put someone's ass there, too, IIRC).

Good thing I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm.... Based on the majority of posting recently, I think it's time we
created a sub-group to support people who have had their feathers
ruffled in old a.m-b. A place to air grievances but mostly to plain old
whinge while holding virtual hands and playing virtual accoustic
guitar....

/s

Old June 15th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Scott Gordo wrote:

Kathleen wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:

snip

-- There was a time that I felt like the low-wattage child of Kathleen
and Rog. I'm not going to get into it.

!?!?!

seriously weirded out

Kathleen

Maybe I was waxing a little poetic yesterday, when it would have
sufficed to say that you two were my favorite posters.

Apologies.

Oh. Well that's okay, then. Recently I have had extensive dealings
with a group of people who are dead literal in their thinking and their
speech. I think my sense of humor has gone to sleep.

Kathleen

Old June 15th 06, 08:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Jimbo(san)" wrote

Yeah I have been here since... well... it's been... let's see.. trying
to remember what the raging debate was at the time... how to "properly"
set up cantis maybe! ;-)
I have met friends had great rides and sometimes laughed so hard at my
monitor I am sure other people near by thought I'd snapped.
Some here have been a great influence on my life.. on how to be and not
be!

Don't forget Rog!

I remember that Yagamon guy... ughh I couldn't stand him!!! ;-)

Thanks for the memories

Ah, Mr. Buchanan. I hope he's doing well. Yeah, that Yagamon guy was a bit
of a dick. Hopefully, like a good wine he (I) have aged well.

Old June 15th 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Sorni" wrote in message
Jimbo(san) wrote:

Don't forget Rog!

ROG!!!

I remember that Yagamon guy... ughh I couldn't stand him!!! ;-)

Saw him eat dirt on {whatever that trail's called up there -- "Rocket"?};
dropped him on SJT in the heat (like, 108!). Now he'd drop ME like a hot
burrito... maybe eg

The consumption of dirt actually happened on Mathis which is particularly
embarrasing as it is the least technical trail in A/W Canyon. I was just
overly excited to be at the head of the pack... which was the last time that
day. I'm sure you could still drop me like a hot burrito old (young) man.
I'll make it down your way one day to do a Noble ride.

cg

Old June 15th 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"MattB" wrote in message
Chris Glidden wrote:
snip good stuff
See you all on the trails,

CG

Chris, I'm deeply, deeply offended I didn't make it into your trip down
memory lane. Maybe I need to be more controversial!

I have to say the Gotham Burns piece was memorable for me too. Good (bad)
stuff indeed.

Good to hear from you.

Take care & ride on,

Matt

It was kind of like those Academy Award speaches: too little time to
mention everyone who's made an impression on you. You were one Mr. MattB.

CG

Old June 15th 06, 10:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"CB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Chip, are you lurking around, my rasta brah?

......exhale YEAH MON! Lurking and wondering where has al the time
gone. Mtbiking since 1990, hard to believe.

Keep riding!

Chip "RastaMTB"

Ya mon! It's been a wild ride.

Old June 16th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:09:35 -0500, Kathleen wrote:

Oh. Well that's okay, then. Recently I have had extensive dealings with
a group of people who are dead literal in their thinking and their speech.
I think my sense of humor has gone to sleep.

Well obviously you need to spend more time here. We'll give your sense
of humor a workout.

gabrielle