Trek 4 the Troops

Old October 29th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Amit

Default Trek 4 the Troops

Dear Scott,

This is a great step to creat awarness and make people think about this
issue.

Make some plan to come to india so that we can have some same type of
even organiged here also.

My support is with you.

Wish you luck.

Amit Tyagi

wrote:
In December, 2006 I'm embarking on a cross country ride to raise
awareness and nonpartisan support for our troops involved in the war in
Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm calling the ride Trek 4 the Troops, and I
welcome you to read more about it
www.trek4thetroops.com.

What makes this ride different from other cross-continental
awareness/fund raising rides?

The ride will be done solo, without a support vehicle, on a fixed-gear.
That's right, FIXED GEAR! To the best of my knowledge only a
select few have ever traversed the continent on a fixed-gear, and some
might say that the attempt is crazy.

I'll be following a fairly southerly route from San Diego to
Savannah, and I welcome anyone/everyone to ride along should I pass
through your area. Fixed gear bikes not required! I'll be updating
the ride website every day, and who knows, maybe your picture will show
up there.

In the meantime, please visit www.americasupportsyou.mil and see how
you can help in the effort to support our service men and women serving
our country in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm not soliciting funds or donations directly. I have no way (or
desire) to handle donations of cash. I'm asking that folks select
one of the many fine organizations that are doing a wonderful job
supporting the troops, so please help however you can.

thanks!

Scott Hendricks

p.s. for the usenet nazis on rec.bicycles.racing who think this
doesn't have anything to do with bicycle racing, you're right. If
it'll make you feel better, think of it as my winter fixed gear base
mile riding in preparation for next season!

Old October 29th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Raptor

Default Minority Opinion

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
On 10/27/06 4:00 PM, in article
, "bill"
Yeah,
And I will finally vote with a smile because it's gonna be a Republican
clean house day. I give it to the Democrats all the way, unless there
are some states with hopelessly stupid voters.

Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

Idaho, Montana and Wyoming all have competitive races. Montana is likely
to elect a Democratic senator, and Republican House candidates in ID and
WY are pretty ****ty.

--
Lynn Wallace

If FDR fought fascism the way Bush fights terrorism, we'd all be
speaking German now.
Old October 29th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Raptor

Michael Press wrote:
A recent chairman of the RNC said "I do not get to
choose the chairman of the DNC, but if I did, then I
would choose Howard Dean."

The Democratic party goes out on the playground, gets
pantsed, their lunch money taken, shoes thrown over a
utility line, and rolled in a mud hole. Why don't they
grow some?

A consistent, party-wide vision is pretty much a waste of time in a
mid-term election. All politics is local, and it is the relative quality
of the candidates and their operations that decide the win.

Democrats have superb prospects based on the polls. Both parties are
funneling cash to newly-competitive candidates, and almost every one
involves a Republican incumbent. Democrats will not fumble the
get-out-the-vote effort this time. (If you're interested in doing more
than just vote, check out callforchange.org.)

But this Democrat has seen enough electoral failure to not be more than
cautiously optimistic. It will be meaningless if Democrats merely make
Republicans sweat and spend all their money.

Hell, as ****ed up as things are, this shouldn't even be a (large
collection of) contest(s).

Old October 29th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Michael Press writes:

The Democratic party goes out on the playground, gets
pantsed, their lunch money taken, shoes thrown over a
utility line, and rolled in a mud hole. Why don't they
grow some?

What a childish, peurile, mean-spirited, bullying approach
to politi/-- errm, gettin' along with nice, decent folks.

You Americans need a Love Party.

cheers, & I ain't talkin' about political parties,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 29th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Donald Munro

Tom Keats wrote:
You Americans need a Love Party.
cheers, & I ain't talkin' about political parties,

So Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will be forming the bukake party ?

Old October 29th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Donald Munro writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
You Americans need a Love Party.
cheers, & I ain't talkin' about political parties,

So Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will be forming the bukake party ?

Didn't they, already?

But that ain't Real Love, is it?

At least, I sure hope it isn't.

Y'know who you Americans need for President?

Judge Judy.

"Dr" Laura Schlessinger for Veep.

Together they'll force us to take our
hats off indoors, keep our elbows off
the table, and otherwise civilise us.

No love there, either. Just hard lines.

I guess, screw love. It's just a pipe dream.

cheers,
Tom

Old October 29th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

ST wrote:
On 10/28/06 5:20 PM, in article
, "Johnny Sunset aka
Tom Sherman" wrote:

Bill wrote:
Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
On 10/27/06 4:00 PM, in article
, "bill"
wrote:

Steven Bornfeld wrote:

Ghost of Chicago Stadium wrote:

The majority of America has elected George Bush twice.

Election day's a'comin!!

Steve

Yeah,
And I will finally vote with a smile because it's gonna be a Republican
clean house day. I give it to the Democrats all the way, unless there
are some states with hopelessly stupid voters.

Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana.

At least those states are so underpopulated they don't count much.

Think again. The 44 Democratic Senators in Congress represent
approximately 161 million citizens, while the 55 Republican Senators
represent approximately 131 million citizens.

Aahhhhhhhhh.........

Which ones represent the 20+ million illegal aliens??

Which ones represent those that accept the risk/reward aspect of their life
to try to achieve the American dream??

Which ones represent those that believe that the government OWES them a
living and even think they deserve more??

Which ones try to give away more government entitlements so you will vote
for them??

The current crop of Republicans believe in big government spending by
issuing no-bid contracts to the well connected - in other words they
take from the middle-class WAGE EARNERS to increase the wealth of the
already rich. They make Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon and Ford look like
positive liberals. Conservative they are not.

Now that most of the well paying "blue collar" middle class jobs have
been "outsourced" to places like China, "white collar" middle class
jobs such as computer programming, IT support, engineering, etc. are
being sent out of the country. You know; the jobs that were supposed to
replace those lost in the industrial sector.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old October 29th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc

Raptor wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
[...]

Think again. Which party gets to count the votes, decided which ballots
are "invalid", and purge the voter rolls in most of the contested
election states? We will likely see a repeat of 2000, 2002 and 2004,
where any complaints are dismissed by the mainstream media as being
from "sore losers", left-wing wacko conspiracy theorists, etc.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old October 29th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Norman Wilson

Tom Keats wrote:
What a childish, peurile, mean-spirited, bullying approach
to politi/-- errm, gettin' along with nice, decent folks.

You Americans need a Love Party.

Isn't that what Congressman Mark Foley tried to have with
his pages?

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON
--
To reply directly, expel `.edu'.
Old October 29th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Donald Munro

Donald Munro wrote:
So Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld will be forming the bukake party ?

Tom Keats wrote:
Didn't they, already?

So thats what Cheney meant when he spoke about waterboarding.