Chaos, death and disaster - several bombs have just exploded in London ;-(

Old July 7th 05, 02:16 PM
Ride-A-Lot

bomba wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:

Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone across the pond. Having your country
attacked by soulless degenerates is never an easy thing. We know it all
too well.

Good luck and god speed to you, your friends, and family.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 7th 05, 02:35 PM
bomba

spademan o---[) * wrote:

Hope this is over soon enough bomba, you going to be stuck in the
office overnight?

The police are letting us leave our buildings now and London Bridge
station is open, so I should be able to get home. Contingency plan of
catching one of the boats down to Greenwich, and in worst case scenario
a six mile walk.

It'll be uncomfortable and probably take an age, but in comparison to
what others are going through, I'll just count myself lucky.

Old July 7th 05, 02:38 PM
Stan Horwitz

In article .net,
"Shaun aRe" wrote:

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead. This
is bad, real, real bad...

I agree. These bombings in London are just another example of where
violence begets violence. Considering that the Brits have decades worth
of experience securing their public transportation system due to their
experience with the IRA, I fear that other countries such as the United
States are at greater risk of such a terrorist incident happening.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Old July 7th 05, 02:53 PM
0ld Yank

"bomba" wrote in message
ups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

Well said. Terrorism gains its superiority when it victims fold into a
whimpering, fetal position and capitulate as did the Spaniards when a
similar act occurred on their soil.

As to who's responsible (as asked mitchellNOSPAM) how can that even be in
doubt.

My deepest condolences go out to the victims' families; and my strong
support goes out to the British people that they be strengthened by this
rather than weakened.

--Yankee Viejo

Old July 7th 05, 03:04 PM
Shaun aRe

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in message
oups.com...
4 or 5 bombs went off in tube stations/on tubes, then as people were
forced to abandon the tube and the buses were packed - 3 buses blown
up. Rough estimates of around 50 dead and 1000 casualties.

BBC says six underground, one bus - casualties about the same...

No traffic
in and out of London, most people are restricted to staying in their
building (including Bomba I think). Signs on major roads into London
saying 'keep away, area closed, turn on radio'. Mobile network down
either due to heavy demand or switched off to stop further devices
being activated remotely.

Mobile networks prioritising for emergencey services, and flooded by private
calls also, I hear.

Al Quaeda (spelling?) have claimed
responsibility but not sure how truthful this is. Tony Blairs on his
way back from Gleneagles.

Yup - they posted a message making the claim, on a Muslin web-site - still
unconfirmed last I heard.

I heard Blair talking on the radio this a.m. saying he was due to set off
back, sobbing voice etc. The guy made me feel sick, sounded so false, so
fake... made me mad...

Thats as much as I know for now, its hearbreaking to hear people
wondering about family/friends who they know were in the areas but
can't get in touch with.

It is indeed mate.

I just hope the 'people in power' as well as soldiers in the M/east, do not
retaliate in a reactionary manner, and cause an escalation, more innocent
lives lost... sigh...

Cheers Steve.

Old July 7th 05, 03:07 PM
Shaun aRe

"bomba" wrote in message
ups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Hey Jon - damned good to hear you're alright mate.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

Sigh...

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

We sure will, but in these times, the world doesn't need it's fear buttons
pressing any more - scared peoples, do stupid things, and even more
*innocent* lives get wiped out...

Kath has some family in the city, but they are away from the centre, some
out of the country too.

Cheers Jon - stay safe mate.

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:08 PM
Shaun aRe

"bomba" wrote in message
oups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:

Hope this is over soon enough bomba, you going to be stuck in the
office overnight?

The police are letting us leave our buildings now and London Bridge
station is open, so I should be able to get home. Contingency plan of
catching one of the boats down to Greenwich, and in worst case scenario
a six mile walk.

It'll be uncomfortable and probably take an age, but in comparison to
what others are going through, I'll just count myself lucky.

Indeed. Hope you get home without too much trouble.

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:12 PM
Shaun aRe

"Stan Horwitz" wrote in message
In article .net,
"Shaun aRe" wrote:

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.

This
is bad, real, real bad...

I agree. These bombings in London are just another example of where
violence begets violence.

Thanks Stan - this is all too true - hence my hopes against reactionary
behaviour costing the lives of more inocents, leading to further
escalation - and so on.

Considering that the Brits have decades worth
of experience securing their public transportation system due to their
experience with the IRA, I fear that other countries such as the United
States are at greater risk of such a terrorist incident happening.

You would think so, but it isn't necessarily that way mate.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

And mine.

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 03:12 PM
Chris Glidden

"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead.
This
is bad, real, real bad...

;-(

I hope any of you in London, or who have friends or relatives in London -
well I just hope to hells you are ALL alright/. Be safe.

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Good luck guys.

CG

Old July 7th 05, 03:19 PM
JohnH

Shaun aRe wrote:
Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed
dead. This is bad, real, real bad...

;-(

Condolences from the USA, my friend. Be strong, we're thinking about you
here.