Is RCN Outsourced to India or Something??

Old March 13th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Is RCN Outsourced to India or Something??

"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Um, no offense to the Indians, who frankly seem to give better overall
customer service over the phone, if rather less "colorfully"...but can
Recumbent Cyclist News LEARN ENGLISH????

WTF is up with the constant there/their-its/it's-car's/cars mess??????

I swear I'm going to wind up illiterate reading the damn thing!!!!

BTW, Amy Bryant looks cute! Please, can we see some more of her on
'bents instead of Fat Ol' Guys???

RCN has always had typos all over the place from the beginning. It is more a
technical type of magazine than a literary type of magazine. It has always
needed a good editor. Mr. Sherman and I could do wonders for it, but we are
not available. The main trouble with RCN is that it is a one man operation
from beginning to end. You and I would also make many of the same mistakes
if we were doing it all on our own like Robert Bryant is.

However, forget all of that and just go for the information which is always
very solid. It is the only publication that I am aware of that is not in
the hands of the sellers and manufacturers of recumbents. Hence, it is
priceless for that reason alone.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 14th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:

RCN has always had typos all over the place from the beginning.

Typos are bad enough, but we're talking a mental condition he a typo
is like misreading a word on occasion; this
it's/its-there/their-bikes/bike's confusion is akin to dyslexia!

It is more a
technical type of magazine than a literary type of magazine. It has always
needed a good editor.

Yeah, it should be outsourced to India! They have a very active HPV
community over there, what with all the pedicabs and rickshaws.

Mr. Sherman and I could do wonders for it, but we are
not available.

A pity the wider 'bent community is deprived of your talents...perhaps
it's time to make the leap from ARBR to RCN, O Grate One?

The main trouble with RCN is that it is a one man operation
from beginning to end. You and I would also make many of the same mistakes
if we were doing it all on our own like Robert Bryant is.

Uh, no. Not me. I troll usenet in my spare time and I still manage to
follow MLA guidelines!

However, forget all of that and just go for the information which is always
very solid.

If I "forgot" I'd wind up writing like that, too! It's insidious how
stuff like that creep into your subconscious and become habits in no
time. And I was rather distressed to learn that he'd no experience
with hydraulic disc brakes beyond the usual homelies, and that he
didn't know Nazca is able to use bar-end shifters with SRAM DualDrive
(as Hostel Shoppe is able to as well now, apparently, after some
research into the matter as a result of my question to them).

It is the only publication that I am aware of that is not in
the hands of the sellers and manufacturers of recumbents. Hence, it is
priceless for that reason alone.

Don't you mean "in the *pockets* of the sellers"...?

I'm not so sure about that. He's probably rather more critical than
other sources (heh, all four of 'em), but not by a whole lot.

And we definitely need to see more of Amy Bryant. I don't care if she
didn't review the article! Just stick her on a bike. Probably give
the readership a slight spike (ahem). It's one thing to have pictures
of metal and hardware, but quite another to have all these old fogies
from cover to cover!

Old March 14th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

WTF is Ed Dolan the topmost post in googlegroups' tree-view of the
thread??

Old March 14th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Old March 15th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
The main trouble with RCN is that it is a one man operation
from beginning to end. You and I would also make many of the same
mistakes
if we were doing it all on our own like Robert Bryant is.

Uh, no. Not me. I troll usenet in my spare time and I still manage to
follow MLA guidelines!

You would have to get rid of your colloquial spoken English in your writing.
There are just not enough idiots that find that sort of trash talk all that
endearing. However, even the best writers in the world require one or more
editors to make sure everything is correct.
[...]

It is the only publication that I am aware of that is not in
the hands of the sellers and manufacturers of recumbents. Hence, it is
priceless for that reason alone.

Don't you mean "in the *pockets* of the sellers"...?

I'm not so sure about that. He's probably rather more critical than
other sources (heh, all four of 'em), but not by a whole lot.

RCN has had many troubles with various manufacturers down through the years
because of the reviews that have appeared in the publication. That says it
all!
[...]

Old March 16th 06, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Redears,

At the risk of suffering a repetitive stress injury, Ed Dolan once
again pats himself on the back.

Jim McNamara

Old March 16th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.english.usage,alt.journalism,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote in message
oups.com...
Redears,

At the risk of suffering a repetitive stress injury, Ed Dolan once
again pats himself on the back.

Jim McNamara

You do not correctly format which makes more work for me. Therefore, I can't
be bothered any further with you. Either format your posts in the acceptable
manner or get lost.