A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Still Looking for a bike



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old September 2nd 04, 10:22 PM
Chris Davies
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.


I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Carrera with ali frame. Possibly a bit lighter, but personally I would
want the Ridgeback.

BTW I have nothing to do with these people and can't vouch for the
relative conditions of the bikes.

Hope this helps.

--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me
Ads
  #16  
Old September 3rd 04, 02:38 PM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:10:17 +0100, Peter Clinch
wrote:

wrote:

Funny you should say that because i have seen wheels and tyres sell
for 20-30 a pair on ebay.


Yes, but all wheels are not created equal, same with tyres. If you put
cheap remoulds on a sports car do you think it would still corner as
well? Now apply the same to bikes...

but those Claude Butlers which everyone says are crap (probably are)
have excellent alloy wheels and top class tyres.

  #18  
Old September 4th 04, 10:51 AM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:22:41 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.


I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.

  #19  
Old September 4th 04, 01:23 PM
Chris Davies
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:51:37 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:22:41 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.


I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but
assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.


Did you get it? What sort of tyres are you after?

--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me
  #20  
Old September 5th 04, 10:25 AM
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:23:06 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:51:37 +0100, wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:22:41 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.


I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but
assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.


Did you get it? What sort of tyres are you after?


I was outbid and it was in Stoke, So I am waiting for a ridgeback to
come up in the London area, when I get it I will contact you regarding
the tyres.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores? James Lynx General 112 June 5th 04 01:22 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Marketplace 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.